Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm sure I'm not the only one with a lowered TBSS where you go over a hard bump and the little blue "dog bone" links from the sensor to the housing snap in 2.

It seems stupid to have to buy a new $70 sensor for the crummy $3 piece of plastic that breaks when the sensor itself is fine. Especially when the piece itself is removable FFS.

I only use my TBSS very infrequently and I've been out of circulation on these type sites for years, please excuse me being "out of touch"

Sorry, but yes, I did do a search first, under what I thought were the obvious key words, but I couldn't find anything other than something about "scott's replacement Metal connector rods (I always called them 'dog bones') but the link doesn't work.

Thanks in advance, Y'all!

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
952 Posts
Normally we have issues with the rubber eyelet dry rotting and breaking. Since yours is just the blue plastic piece I'd go to the store and buy a bolt or some all-thread rod and cut it down.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thanks, These SS trucks have been around for 15 years, I would think somebody has a backyard fix for this, It's gotta be a very common problem on any Lowered GM Truck for the past 20 years I would think.
there is a fix

use lowering springs or
There was a guy that made a adjustment piece for those sensors, I think he passed away? It was literally threaded rod he sold. Search for it and you can find images of it still

·
Premium Member
Sold
6,076 Posts
All thread rods is what I replaced mine with. There's a few of my posts from 8-9+ years ago that talks about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts