TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So guys I finally got around to rip out my suspension and components:

KW front coilovers $625...originally $850
Tonified DJM A-arms w/o drop $250...originally $350
KW Rear shocks $475...originally $575
Belltech 31.5 Springs $125...originally $170
Left Coast Panhard bar $190...originally $225 (month old w/ like 100 miles)

paint is started to chip off from the shitty quality - this will also happen whether you buy them new or used - i should have gotten them powder coated

noticed a slight scuff probably from installation

paint is chipped off as you can see in the picture on the top and bottom coils where they meet the flat surface - this WILL happen whether you buy new or used its only a matter of time.

bump stop on one is split - never had an issue with it - only noticed it after i pulled them out

on 275/45/20

on 255/50/20

Im sad to see these parts go as my ride home completely stock was basically the same ride and if anything i believe the front coilovers rode better than stock shocks - the rear ride is good also but i have the SLP exhaust and my frame kept tapping the exhaust so it was either my exhaust or suspension.

the arms did squeak a little - it was prob the poly bushings because after i greased them the noise went away - but from time to time they would squeak a little (nothing serious!!!) and i never bothered to lube them up again because i didnt drive the truck often so thats just a little FYI but other than that everything works great!

*also have 3 stock painted wheels for sale with tires

*also would prefer local pick up as shipping will obviously drive up the prices - im also willing to go the truck meet in caldwell nj in 2 weeks

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
105 Posts
GLWS, nice meeting you yesterday at Tune Time

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,787 Posts
what is needed for the rear to be lowered?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
i fuckin hate my truck now lol its too high and to realize that it was basically the same ride quality if not better lower - im kicking myself in the ass - would really hate to spend the money and put it back on - only thing is id have to keep my truck above 32+ in the rear cuz it taps my SLP exhaust so i dont know if its really worth it - but front steering is so much looser now i used to eat turns - now im scared to even turn a corner FML

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,119 Posts
Shouldve tried taking it to the exhaust shop first.
Just to see if there was anything they could've done... IMO

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You live and you learn if I ever did it again (which Im considering) I would def do a few things different now that I've got some experience - but regardless my front diff went so I don't want the dealer to have anything to blaim it on

1 - 20 of 23 Posts