Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my belltech springs from performancecenter.com ($118 excluding S/H) and just had them installed yesterday by norcal. springs gave approximately a 1" drop, so here's the finished product...

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
looks a lot better than when i first saw it lol. We can see what it comes down to when you bring it back for final adjustments

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
from what others are reporting, it should settle more
ya once it settles, it should drop a little bit more...

looks a lot better than when i first saw it lol. We can see what it comes down to when you bring it back for final adjustments

i'll holla at u and bring back within a month or so. cuz next week is too soon and the week after that im in vegas. so.... i'll give u a call in 3-4 weeks bro

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
HOLLA at your boy

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is the pros and cons of just replacing the spring (like this) vs. something like Scott's collars?
from research, they're both the same as far as the drop (both give you about a 1"-1.25" drop) and both still give you the factory ride. on that note, i went with whatever was cheaper which was the Belltechs which i had Norcal install for me....

as far as cons, the only thing would be that you'd have to get an alignment after lowering but its not really a big deal. as long as the ride looks nice!

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Yea well I dont want to go down very much. But I dont want to lose anything either. I was thinking about scotts collars but I have seen more " It won't align within spec" post more than I would like lately. So I have been hesitant to do it.

I am sure springs have the same potential for that problem. Just not sure I want to deal with it.

Seems the cost of springs and collars are about the same price so I was wondering if one was better. I have not looked at Norcals scotts how-to yet, but assuming the collars compress the spring more to get the lowering effect.

So in theory, it seems the Belltech springs could have a better ride if the same spring rate, etc is used.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea well I dont want to go down very much. But I dont want to lose anything either. I was thinking about scotts collars but I have seen more " It won't align within spec" post more than I would like lately. So I have been hesitant to do it.

I am sure springs have the same potential for that problem. Just not sure I want to deal with it.

Seems the cost of springs and collars are about the same price so I was wondering if one was better. I have not looked at Norcals scotts how-to yet, but assuming the collars compress the spring more to get the lowering effect.

So in theory, it seems the Belltech springs could have a better ride if the same spring rate, etc is used.
fortunately, i havent run into any problems yet... and hopefully i never do!

i cant vouch for scotts collars but i do know belltechs still give you a good ride after lowering it. and, it wont lower it too much but the new lowered stance will be noticeable...

·
Premium Member
06 Trailblazer SS
1,411 Posts
fortunately, i havent run into any problems yet... and hopefully i never do!

i cant vouch for scotts collars but i do know belltechs still give you a good ride after lowering it. and, it wont lower it too much but the new lowered stance will be noticeable...
Have you had it aligned yet?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
1,133 Posts
Adjustments

What further adjustments do you suggest after the spring install? Mine are setting in my truck ready to get put on.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you had it aligned yet?
not yet. im supposed to take it to norcal's house next week for the final adjustments...

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
I've got a set of Scott's collars w/ spacers if anyone wants them. I had them on my truck for 2 weeks before I got my DJM kit.

I think they were good product, but I wanted to go lower.
Not trying to steal Scott's sales on these but I let them go for $110 shipped.
I just don't need them so if someone wants a set for a good price let me know!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I've got a set of Scott's collars w/ spacers if anyone wants them. I had them on my truck for 2 weeks before I got my DJM kit.

I think they were good product, but I wanted to go lower.
Not trying to steal Scott's sales on these but I let them go for $110 shipped.
I just don't need them so if someone wants a set for a good price let me know!
How low did you go? 2wd or AWD?

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
How low did you go? 2wd or AWD?
I'm 2wd and barley over 30" in front and 30 1/4" in the rear from ground to fender lip. That's with stock springs in front. I had lowering springs in with the DJM kit and it was right around 29". When I had the collars on I had the lowering springs in and it sat really nice and road surprisingly well too!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts