Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just my ss or is everyone else valvetrain loud? Ever since I put my headers in I can hear valvetrain noise it sounds like lifters or spark knock when you get bad gas. But I've spoke to a ls1 guys and they said its normal but I wanted to here is the tbss are all this loud? Oh and its not a header leak or anythnig like that

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Yeah mine is loud too with a cam and headers.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
284 Posts
My cammed 08 silverado sounded like a very loud sewing machine....Havent noticed anything of the sort yet on the TBSS.

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
Yea I forgot to say that I have a cam too with double springs
What is your lifter preload? Also, are you on stock rockers?

Dual springs are louder by nature than a beehive spring as well. If you know your lifter preload you can adjust your PR length to help quiet things down a little. Also, how many miles on your truck and what oil do you use? yes these things matter

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
What is your lifter preload? Also, are you on stock rockers?

Dual springs are louder by nature than a beehive spring as well. If you know your lifter preload you can adjust your PR length to help quiet things down a little. Also, how many miles on your truck and what oil do you use? yes these things matter
I ran 7.350" (As I Recall) and have .085" of pre-load...the 7.400" pushrods I had used prior to the new engine were giving me about .135" of preload after the heads got decked.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts