Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
TrailblazerSS
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have searched and I know what Hids I want to buy from ddm tuning. but............. I know our trucks have High and Low beam do I have to buy 2 sets of hids for each headlight? Or does 1 set meaning 1 Hid bulb for each headlight control the high low beams? Im so confused. Never really examined or know anything about my headlights:doh:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
You have to order a kit for the low beams, and a kit for the high beams.
Most people dont run HIDS for the highs though because they take a few seconds to warm up when you switch to them so you cant really "flash" people.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I'd skip the highs just order a set for the low beams. Lows are 9006 highs are 9005, their kit is actually the same for both sizes cause the connector is close enough so you could try them in the highs if you like instead of buying 2 sets up front. It's not good for the ballasts to flick off and and on so I'd still advise against using them for highs unless you live out in the sticks and frequently drive with highs on.

·
Banned
TrailblazerSS
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much and the foglights are 880 or 893 correct. You have been a big help thanks!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Yes thats what the fogs are. I have 8k 55w hids in my lows and 6k 35w hids in my fogs and they match perfect.

·
Banned
TrailblazerSS
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kool thanks for the advice 35w 6000k for the headlights and the foglights

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
Get a DRL killer from JetttStream. It is a must have. I was switching mine off manually for 6 months and it got old. I bought the DRL kit and it took me all of 5 min to hook up. You will kill your HID otherwise if you leave them on without turning the knob all the way to the right. They will just flicker.

·
Banned
TrailblazerSS
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm I didnt know they didnt turn off by themselves and you have to turn them off manually that sucks LOL. Also does anyone know if DDM Tuning has a Ebay store. Or know any other HID companies that are good quality?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I bought a cheapie ebay HID kit and it failed pretty quick, 4 sets from DDM with zero issues, I'd stick with them. Personally I'd stay away from anything over 5000K, the blue tint to it takes away the usable light, lower the K's the more lumens it actually puts out, hence I like 4300Ks for driving lights and 3000Ks for fogs. Also the blue light scatters more and is more annoying to other drivers, on top of the fact they're illegal for halogen housings and not designed for it no point in being extra annoying.

·
Banned
TrailblazerSS
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see you point. My truck is already illeagal as it is LOL and also I saw that the 6000k is still very clear and white with a tint of blue. Im not a fan of blue lights.

·
Banned
TrailblazerSS
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well Guys had some paypal money in my account used it to buy my HID kit from DDM Tuning. I choose 6000k headlights and 6000k for the foglights. I will post pics once I receive them. Thanks alot for all your support. :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
Take off the headlights and do it right. Order the DRL killer while your at it. When you install them without it you will probably have a flickering headlight. Be careful with the fog install. Take your time!:biggrin2:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
62 Posts
I have 6k high, lows, and fogs in my DD Sierra and I think theyre the perfect. they are SUPER bight and just a hint of blue.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
I don't know if this helps. I have the 8k in my nissan, and in the rain at nite it gets kind of hard to see some things. I wish I would of got the 6k.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Remember an 8k 55w is about the same color as a 6k 35w, just keep wattage in mind when chosing color is all Im saying.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Remember an 8k 55w is about the same color as a 6k 35w, just keep wattage in mind when chosing color is all Im saying.
55w not in a projector is just straight up obnoxious, something else to keep in mind.

·
Banned
TrailblazerSS
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got in the mail my DDM Tuning HID kit for my headlights and Fog Lights. As soon as I install them I will Take pics! Thanks guys for all your help!!!! Hope the install is easy :boff:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
whats the output difference between 35 and 55? my lows are starting to look dim...
Im not sure, I have 55w in highs and lows but 35w in the fogs. I cant really compare the fogs to the lows just because our fog housings suck.

·
Banned
TrailblazerSS
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally installed the HIDs in the headlights and foglights realized that the headlights you had to put the connectors in the wrong way instead of the intended way to make them work weird. but they look great. I will take pics tonight

1 - 20 of 23 Posts