Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Lost power

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  fearnloather 
#1 ·
I dunno if Im just used to the truck or what but it feels like I've lost power in acceleration when I hit the gas as compared to when I first bought it, like it doesnt wanna get up and go as much as compared to when I first got it(9 months ago)..............suggestions? opinions?:dunno::confused1:

#2 ·
Temps have a huge part.heat soaked motor, hot intake charge, trannys cooking itself, bad gas, low blinker fluid, bad muffler bearings. Mainly temps, hotter the motor less timing less performance. Give it a good seafoam and you'll be amazed at not only the neighbor alerting smoke but the results afterwards. Time for some r&d.

#3 ·
Temps have a huge part.heat soaked motor, hot intake charge, trannys cooking itself, bad gas, low blinker fluid, bad muffler bearings. Mainly temps, hotter the motor less timing less performance. Give it a good seafoam and you'll be amazed at not only the neighbor alerting smoke but the results afterwards. Time for some r&d.
"low blinker fluid"???

:doh: :rofl:

Basically process of elimination to solving your problem. I suggest you start with cleaning the MAF then work your way down his list.

#5 ·
Do you guys think seafoam really works/helps? I'm really scepticle but have heard good things... put in fuel, oil, headlight etc..

#7 ·
Wow, I've never heard of seafoam til now cuz I was thinking of just a basic tune-up like Chris said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.