Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
HereSSY
O7' BLK AWD
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno if Im just used to the truck or what but it feels like I've lost power in acceleration when I hit the gas as compared to when I first bought it, like it doesnt wanna get up and go as much as compared to when I first got it(9 months ago)..............suggestions? opinions?:dunno::confused1:

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer1SS
935 Posts
Temps have a huge part.heat soaked motor, hot intake charge, trannys cooking itself, bad gas, low blinker fluid, bad muffler bearings. Mainly temps, hotter the motor less timing less performance. Give it a good seafoam and you'll be amazed at not only the neighbor alerting smoke but the results afterwards. Time for some r&d.

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Temps have a huge part.heat soaked motor, hot intake charge, trannys cooking itself, bad gas, low blinker fluid, bad muffler bearings. Mainly temps, hotter the motor less timing less performance. Give it a good seafoam and you'll be amazed at not only the neighbor alerting smoke but the results afterwards. Time for some r&d.
"low blinker fluid"???

:doh: :rofl:

Basically process of elimination to solving your problem. I suggest you start with cleaning the MAF then work your way down his list.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
Plugs, wires, air filter, maf cleaned...basic tune up

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
Do you guys think seafoam really works/helps? I'm really scepticle but have heard good things... put in fuel, oil, headlight etc..

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer1SS
935 Posts
I was at first but after doing it and feeling the difference I was sold. Plus smoking out the neighborhoods fun. Got the cops to come out one time lol

·
HereSSY
O7' BLK AWD
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, I've never heard of seafoam til now cuz I was thinking of just a basic tune-up like Chris said.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
I'll bet my money it is just summer heat soak pulling timing in the tune compared to winter temps when you bought it. These things are just plain slower in the summer then the winter with a stock tune.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,442 Posts
I'll bet my money it is just summer heat soak pulling timing in the tune compared to winter temps when you bought it. These things are just plain slower in the summer then the winter with a stock tune.
:iamwithstupid:

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer1SS
935 Posts
I've done everything I can to battle heat. Radiator, silicone hoses, tranny cooler, ls1 fans, 160 thermo. And tune not to mention headers an blah blah blah and I'm still having issues. These things are pigs in the heat.

·
HereSSY
O7' BLK AWD
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats what i thought as well, i figured it was either the weather or I was due for a tune, either way everyones input helped greatly but now I'm curious about Seafoam; is it an additive like the STP fuel treatments, as in just add it to the fuel tank?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts