Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

losing Scott AND his goods

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Civteck 
#1 ·
So I found out from his wife in an email that he'd passed. Felt so sorry.
Insight of this, I'd still like to find his 1"drop perch as well as a pair of his adjustable rods.
Anyone willing to sell, please message me
Thanks

#3 ·
RIP Scott!
F COVID.....

His rods are nice but for just a few bucks and a trip to Lowes, you can make your own with some threaded rod and couplers. I took my stock blue rods with me and matched up the rod size then cut the rods to length.

#8 ·
I have no idea what they even cost alone. Last I spoke with Scott a week before he passed, he was going to ship me a set of collars and rods for $100.
Quite honestly, I can make them from a turnbuckle nut and some 1/4-20 right and left hand rod. Cost about $20 max and my time putting it together.
Tell ya what, for now, I'll pass them onto the next guy, cause I really can't see over $25 shipped. It's this front collars I am wanting. Or some who sells a similar drop strut/spring device, and I am guessing the collars were just a deal to me.

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Operating system

#15 ·
What did this rod setup look like when sold/installed? I moved to springs so i can take my sensor and test it too.

Ill go make a parts list at ace hardware or mcmastercarr so that anyone can make and diy this
it is 1/4-20 threaded rod, one piece right hand and the other left hand thread then a turnbuckle nut. As I mentined previously, I neglected to write down the nut length as this is the main piece, BUT, I bet it's about 5/8" to 1-1/8" long. I know he said an "additional 2" from stock rods" so this is how I'll figure the nut length.
He also made it clear, it's better to get front where you want, say 31" then slowly "raise" the rear to be level. After leveling mine, I agree.

#14 ·
#12 ·
I have a set of his collars i never installed id be willing to part with, i bought the rods too but cant find them.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

#17 ·
Here is the coupling nuts;

I can fine the 1/4"-20 rod, but I have not found one specifically left handed thread, I know they are there, just searching.
My best guess is a 1" long nut would yeild that 2" total additional he mentioned.

Here is left hand rod;

And any right hand rod works:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.