Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m trying to figure out what my options are here.

I’m lowered with Tony’s modded A arms. One of the bolts loosened up over time and wore an oblong hole in the frame. Now where the bolt should screw in, the hole is misshapen. There is about 1/4 inch of play in the control arm now. I can easily grab the control arm with my hand a rock it back and forth.

Clunking is absolutely horrible when driving. Obviously handling is just as bad too.

So other than selling this thing and buying a ctsV. What are my options. How could I remedy this? Thanks guys

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
192 Posts
where exactly is the wear occuring? tough decision but it can most certainly be fixed, obviously you know that, but maybe get some estimates and weigh the options, man

could turn out to be not as bad to fix as you think. But then again, you won't know until you check around.?

take a torch to the junkyard and cut off what you need from a thrashed trailblazer, yah it won't be easy but I'm sure some welder worth their salt can replace it depending on what exactly needs to be replaced. tough call. just my two cents

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,008 Posts
I believe the nuts are spot welded to the frame pocket so could be as easy as rewelding the nut. I know sounds easier than said. Dont leave us for the V crowd this place has enough crickets lately..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where exactly is the wear occuring? tough decision but it can most certainly be fixed, obviously you know that, but maybe get some estimates and weigh the options, man

could turn out to be not as bad to fix as you think. But then again, you won't know until you check around.?

take a torch to the junkyard and cut off what you need from a thrashed trailblazer, yah it won't be easy but I'm sure some welder worth their salt can replace it depending on what exactly needs to be replaced. tough call. just my two cents
The oblong hole is on the drivers side, upper control arm. Where the bolt goes through the arm and in to the frame.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
189 Posts
The nut is welded to the frame. How is that movement caused by wear in the hole? Did the weld at the nut break? If it didn't, that's wear in the arm bushing/inner sleeve, not the frame. Replacement bushings are readily available. Push the center sleeve out, then pull out the inner & outer poly bushing halves, see which parts are worn out.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
905 Posts
I second the bushings are shot from having it too loose

2008 TBSS Super Charged

1 - 8 of 8 Posts