Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: 1/29/22
Truck is still available. Transmission needs replaced. Electrical issue is still really only an intermittent light flicker which a lot of people seem to have the same problem with these trucks. Replaced the blower control module to fix the fans not working. Only needs a transmission other than that the truck is in really good condition. Message me if interested or with offers.

List of upgrades/modifications done...
OBX headers/ypipe (have brand new headers just need to be put on but installed ypipe last summer)
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust (recently replaced entire cat back last summer with identical magnaflow kit)
K&N Cold air intake
160 degree stat
Electric fan conversion
LED headlights/fog lights/interior/reverse lights
Powder coated rims
Complete engine rebuild including...
Comp Cams Attitude V3 cam
Stage 2 CNC ported LS-6 heads
PCM of NC tune
Transmission shift kit installed
4L60 LS HP Series Stage 2 278mm torque converter

·
Registered
1 Posts
Truck has approx 96k miles on it. Purchased in April 2018 and only put about 10k miles on it since and never driven in Winter. Bought it from a local dealership and i believe it had 2 owners before that. The owner of it before me had just recently had all the engine work done on it a few months prior to me purchasing it. (have all paper work showing work done) It runs great and the body is clean but it does have an intermittent electrical issue. I have had it looked at by a trusted mechanic who suspects the issue is from the BCM. I have a brand new BCM i purchased off Rock Auto but have not got it installed yet. Altogether i would say the truck is in GOOD condtion only due to the frustrating electrical issue and minor blemishes. Hate to have to sell it since i love this truck and had planned/hoped to have it forever but need to consider selling it due to financial issues at this time. Looking to get $12k but open to offers. Pleast let me know if anyone has any questions. Thank you.
OBX headers/ypipe (have brand new headers just need to be put on but installed ypipe last summer)
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust (recently replaced entire cat back last summer with identical magnaflow kit)
K&N Cold air intake
160 degree stat
Electric fan conversion
Powder coated rims
PCM of NC tune
View attachment 102131 View attachment 102134 View attachment 102135 View attachment 102136 View attachment 102137 View attachment 102138
Hi, have you sold the Hellraser yet? What is the intermittent electrical issue? I'm interested in buying it as is for 12k.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
66 Posts
Truck has approx 96k miles on it. Purchased in April 2018 and only put about 10k miles on it since and never driven in Winter. Bought it from a local dealership and i believe it had 2 owners before that. The owner of it before me had just recently had all the engine work done on it a few months prior to me purchasing it. (have all paper work showing work done) It runs great and the body is clean but it does have an intermittent electrical issue. I have had it looked at by a trusted mechanic who suspects the issue is from the BCM. I have a brand new BCM i purchased off Rock Auto but have not got it installed yet. Altogether i would say the truck is in GOOD condtion only due to the frustrating electrical issue and minor blemishes. Hate to have to sell it since i love this truck and had planned/hoped to have it forever but need to consider selling it due to financial issues at this time. Looking to get $12k but open to offers. Pleast let me know if anyone has any questions. Thank you.
K&N Cold air intake
160 degree stat
Electric fan conversion
Powder coated rims
PCM of NC tune
View attachment 102131 View attachment 102134 View attachment 102135 View attachment 102136 View attachment 102137 View attachment 102138
Did you get to the bottom of the electrical issues? There are a few threads on this forum about it's potential cause. As I recall, it was thought to be a grounding issue from underneath our trucks.
Let us know if you get it resolved. Thanks!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you get to the bottom of the electrical issues? There are a few threads on this forum about it's potential cause. As I recall, it was thought to be a grounding issue from underneath our trucks.
Let us know if you get it resolved. Thanks!
Hey thanks for asking. Unfortunately i did not get it resolved yet. Haven't really been able to lately with a lot going on and not driving it as much. But this week the transmission took a turn for the worst and is looking like it will need replaced. So now I will most likely be looking to sell it significantly less and cut my losses.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it all falls through hit me up. I want it
Sorry for delayed response. But it is still here and i will be selling it significantly less due to transmission failing just this week. Looking into it now to figure out the extent of damage and consider my options. but if interested still let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello. Did you ever get the electrical issues fix? If so I might be interested.
My apologies for such a late response I barely notice these messages if i'm not on here. Have not had the electrical issue resolved yet unfortunately. But it is still here and i will be selling it significantly less due to transmission failing just this week. Looking into it now to figure out the extent of damage and consider my options. but if interested still let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's going on with this truck? Still for sale?
It is here still in need of transmission. I was close to getting the transmission replaced in December but life kind of got in the way. At this point it is for sale as is if the right offer comes along i just haven't been motivated to sell because i don't really want to let it go. I did get part of the electrical issue fixed causing my climate fans not to work it was the blower control module. The truck overall is in really good condition. The transmission is the only serious issue. If you have any questions or offers etc just let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is here still in need of transmission. I was close to getting the transmission replaced in December but life kind of got in the way. At this point it is for sale as is if the right offer comes along i just haven't been motivated to sell because i don't really want to let it go. I did get part of the electrical issue fixed causing my climate fans not to work it was the blower control module. The truck overall is in really good condition. The transmission is the only serious issue. If you have any questions or offers etc just let me know.
Where are you located, man?

·
Premium Member
Sold
6,076 Posts
Kind of makes sense.

If it is far way then transporting it with a blown transmission kills any potential interest.

Most people want to drive a vehicle they just bought.

Reactions: Juiceman

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,164 Posts

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,164 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts