Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to pickup up a chevy Colorado ext cab pickup. Curious if anyone has and good or bad opinions on them, just need it as a work truck and DD to keep miles off the Tbss.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
I had an 05 ext cab xtreme for a lil while. It was alright for a small truck. Just wish the 5 banger had the torque of a 4.3.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
I worked for a salvage yard 6 1/2 years up till last year, and we never got a call for one. I think if it has been maintained then your golden.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
I have been looking for a local LOW mile one of these for over a year with no luck. I have even bought the winter wheels and tires for it, talk about putting the cart before the horse:biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,291 Posts
Honestly....I would look into something else. These trucks are old technology we have quite a few little issues with them....I trybreally hard not to sell them. The only way I would buy one is used and if it was a smoking deal. You can almost buy a silverado for the same price. And don't let the small engine fool you IT is not all that good on gas.

If you buying new get a 5.3 silvy

If your buying used...save some money and buy a 70-80k miled s10 with the 4.3

You will be better off in the long run

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Honestly....I would look into something else. These trucks are old technology we have quite a few little issues with them....I trybreally hard not to sell them. The only way I would buy one is used and if it was a smoking deal. You can almost buy a silverado for the same price. And don't let the small engine fool you IT is not all that good on gas.

If you buying new get a 5.3 silvy

If your buying used...save some money and buy a 70-80k miled s10 with the 4.3

You will be better off in the long run
I basically need it as a DD between 2 jobs, and I fugures it got decent gas mileage but I guess not

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
If it was me I would just get a rcsb silvy. after having a full size truck, It would be hard to go back to a smaller truck. You can't beat a 5.3.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
Its really pretty crazy if you look at the differences between a regular S10, and the ZR2. Modified frame, bigger wheel bearings and axles, better suspension, a real lift, wider, gears, etc.

I have seen those trucks go through hell and back on only a more aggressive tire too. They are VERY capable(if you're into that sort of thing).

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
638 Posts
I owned an 05' Z71 4x4 and loved it. I owned it for 5 years before getting the SS and I never had any problems with it. It loved the snow and mud. The I5 motor has the same hp as the 6 cylinder Charger. You want more info, go to www.355nation.net and they will inform you on everything you want to know. Great people over there and I am still part of there Members Technical Staff.

I have loaded the truck with rock and wood, bottomed out the suspension and it still pulled with no problem. Use to haul an 800lb quad as well up to the mountains and still hit the trail with it in the back.

MPG's, I had mine tuned with a CAI, gutted cat and exhaust with 3:73 gearing and I was getting about 16 with my big steel wheels and 265/75/16's AT tires. With my stock wheels and tires I was getting about 18 mpg's overall. I known of others that are getting better, pending how you drive.

The I5 3.7L is a very reliable motor with no real issues at all. I miss my truck sometimes. Till I start up the SS and hear that V8 growling.. lol

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I owned an 05' Z71 4x4 and loved it. I owned it for 5 years before getting the SS and I never had any problems with it. It loved the snow and mud. The I5 motor has the same hp as the 6 cylinder Charger. You want more info, go to www.355nation.net and they will inform you on everything you want to know. Great people over there and I am still part of there Members Technical Staff.

I have loaded the truck with rock and wood, bottomed out the suspension and it still pulled with no problem. Use to haul an 800lb quad as well up to the mountains and still hit the trail with it in the back.

MPG's, I had mine tuned with a CAI, gutted cat and exhaust with 3:73 gearing and I was getting about 16 with my big steel wheels and 265/75/16's AT tires. With my stock wheels and tires I was getting about 18 mpg's overall. I known of others that are getting better, pending how you drive.

The I5 3.7L is a very reliable motor with no real issues at all. I miss my truck sometimes. Till I start up the SS and hear that V8 growling.. lol
Thanks, I found a couple of nice ones pretty clean with some mileage but the price is good. As long as the motors are reliable Im not worried about the miles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.