Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got a little over 100k miles on my stock transmission so I've got little to complain about.
Now looking for a quality transmission shop that is well-versed and experienced with TBSS drivetrains
I'd most likely like to upgrade to a moderately built 4L80 depending on the price tag.
My TBSS has minor/moderate mods; no internals. I am an aggressive driver so looking for a rugged setup.
Please share your thoughts and experiences on both what transmission package you went with and who installed it.
thanks

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mentioin....
looking mainly for a shop in/near Orange County CA, (some parts of LA, etc)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
64 Posts
Did you end up going with anyone?. I'm in OC as well...I was thinking about rebuilding myself.

I believe RPM transmissions has a shop outside of LA.

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,293 Posts
Pro built automatics is in Costa Mesa. Not sure if he will pull the trans out for you anymore, but Dana is the man.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,008 Posts
Left Coast 32 in Vista, CA. Close to OC. Ask for Joe. He specializes in TBSS trans and everything else. Fair pricing and reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Left Coast doesn't work on vehicles anymore.
I ended up going with a level 5 from FLT (Finish Line Transmissions)
He's backlogged by a good month or two but it was well worth the wait.
I also went with a Yank Pro+ 2800 stall TC, new flex plate, and a dual spal fan Derale trans cooler mounted in right brake duct.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,008 Posts
Left Coast doesn't work on vehicles anymore.
I ended up going with a level 5 from FLT (Finish Line Transmissions)
He's backlogged by a good month or two but it was well worth the wait.
I also went with a Yank Pro+ 2800 stall TC, new flex plate, and a dual spal fan Derale trans cooler mounted in right brake duct.
Interesting. Did Joe sell the business? Went to there website and there now located in Arizona. He did all my trans work a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts