Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'06 TrailblazerSS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

I don't post very much on here but I do spend some considerable time searching the forum for items to help, at this point, keep my TBSS off the used car lot.

Bottom Line - I am looking to swap to a FULL coil-over setup from QA-1 or other reputable company that offers a higher rated spring with better valving and durability. This means I need a custom lower control-arm. I have only found a few mentions of this modification with no one stating they have done it. Can anyone help me figure out how to do this and if anyone offers this level of control arm?

Currently the truck has the KBEE coil-overs. I cannot get the coils tight enough to prevent bottoming nor is the ride any good at all at any spring setting. I am not talking about a tire hitting the body or other part of the truck. I am talking about the coil-over bottoming out due to lack of spring and sufficient travel capability.

Basically the problem from my assessment of the situation is that the KBEE does not come with a high enough rated spring for the weight of this truck nor does it offer the suspension travel required for a better ride. The KBEE measures a total 2.5 inches of travel. That means when sitting at ride height the suspension only has 1 to 1.5 inches of compression travel which is horrible. It has less if I carry things like people.

The valving seems fine until I hit even the most modest of bumps and the thing bottoms out tossing the truck around. Hence my problem with a bad ride setup and suspension travel capability inherent with the KBEE.

The main culprit to my situation is obviously the weight added by an Iron block and the travel limitations of the KBEE.

I have had both Belltech and KBEE setups on this truck and I will say that the adjust-ability of the KBEE makes it the superior performing product. But I am done fussing with this band-aid situation.

Hotrod

·
06 TrailblazerSS 2wd
3,508 Posts
I actually have them built and ready to go. I can do $999 shipped to your door once this run is gone i wont be having anymore made. Its a two piece comes with the lower control arm and upper hat to make a true coilover a direct bolt in. These are for 2wd trucks only.

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,134 Posts
If only these were built with the coil over mount offset for awd, I would snatch a set up.

I too am having trouble with ride quality, since I have to run this thing low enough that 315/35r20’s don’t look too small.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
905 Posts
Have you tried using the KW Coilovers? I’ve been running them for a few years now with no complaints. NorCal SS sells them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS
828 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts