Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
42 Posts
Yes, not surprised, but had to ask. Haha
Quick question for you..what exhaust are you running?

I recently purchased ARH 1.75 catted w/ Y pipe. All I know right now is whatever exhaust I go with has to end with quad duals and not much louder than stock at least until you get down on it.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
886 Posts
If I remember correctly the price difference is with/without the 3" quad tips.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
886 Posts
Factory exhaust manifolds and cats, custom 3" single exhaust with magnflow muffler, QTP cutout, 3" y-pipe splitter mounted over axle to split the exhaust to the quad tips. I got the quad tips with the TBM valance

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
112 Posts
Quick question for you..what exhaust are you running?

I recently purchased ARH 1.75 catted w/ Y pipe. All I know right now is whatever exhaust I go with has to end with quad duals and not much louder than stock at least until you get down on it.
Any “full” exhaust you run will be considerably louder than stock at any throttle position.
Kooks with catted mid and Corsa Sport (2nd muffler) split into single duals (SLP) valance. Possibly looking to change to the quad tip.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
42 Posts
Any “full” exhaust you run will be considerably louder than stock at any throttle position.
Kooks with catted mid and Corsa Sport (2nd muffler) split into single duals (SLP) valance. Possibly looking to change to the quad tip.
It doesn't seemed to be many choices out there for the TBSS these days or least that I am finding. So mostly likely will go with SLP LS2 LoudMouth III Cat-Back Exhaust Kit - 31675. Although, there is a review on Jegs.com of this system that worries me a bit.

"......I open the box and notice the only thing "stainless" is the tips and muffler. The rest of the piping is steel and all in pieces. 1 foot sections of elbows and straight pipes. Best description would be a bunch of random parts stuffed into a box.. here you go make it work. I expected better. I dont blame Jegs for this."

Any suggestions? Thoughts?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I ordered the slp system. It does come in more pieces than you'd expect, and there are 2 Tha are like a foot and a half but the rest are much longer, likely to ease in install. The piping isn't like, high polished stainless, but it does seem to be some grade of stainless. I'm not worried about the piping rusting away or anything.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
42 Posts
I ordered the slp system. It does come in more pieces than you'd expect, and there are 2 Tha are like a foot and a half but the rest are much longer, likely to ease in install. The piping isn't like, high polished stainless, but it does seem to be some grade of stainless. I'm not worried about the piping rusting away or anything.
Did you recall having any issues with the install? Would you go back with this same system?
I ask this because I have to find a installer here in Charlotte, NC.
So in terms of competency, am I ok with the kid who works at the local Midas? Or do I need the guy that works in the specialty shop who wears cover overalls with the sewn name tag slightly fraying from too many years of service? Help me out here...😁

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's still in my garage because I decided not to tackle the install yesterday, lol. I'd say looking at the directions it's doable in your own garage with some ratchets, a jack, and a pair of jackstands. And likely a LOT of penetrating fluid, lol.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts