Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can purchase XS-Power headers for my TBSS? Huron Speed shows out of stock and when I contact XS-Power directly, I get no answer. I’m on a budget so ARH and Kooks are out of the question. I can do Pacesetter but I was aiming more towards stainless steel and 1 7/8’s. I heard good things about Speed Engineering but don’t know how legit they are. Any input would be appreciative.

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,292 Posts
I did some of the R&D for the XS power headers years ago. After a few tries they may a decently nice header that I ran for years without concern. However this was not everyone’s experience, many had fitment issues. That said if you can’t reach XS power and Huron speed is out of stock, your out of luck for now.

I have no experience with speed engineering, However I have heard great reviews from this forum and from many other users. Check them out. Trailblazer SS 1 7/8" Headers & Y-Pipe 2006-09 (5.3L 6.0L Engines) - Headers & Y-Pipes - Exhaust - 2006-2009 Trailblazer SS - Late Model Vehicles

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
275 Posts
I have the 1 7/8’s inch speed engineering headers on my build. They work great but I feel like I am chasing exhaust leaks through the mid pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think I’ll be opting to the Speed Engineering headers and I’ll be replacing the supplied clamps with some dual bolt band clamps to prevent any potential leaks.

Reactions: MX763

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
275 Posts
Great choice! I’m might take mine to a local welder and have them weld in some v-bands.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great choice! I’m might take mine to a local welder and have them weld in some v-bands.
Any fitment issues or grinding while driving? I’m sure they’re pretty reliable from all the positive reviews I’ve read. 400 bucks for headers and a y is pretty damn cheap.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
63 Posts
Only downside to anyone in an emissions tested state is the SE headers don’t have catted-mids and you’ll have to fab some. Otherwise they have my vote!

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
996 Posts
Any fitment issues or grinding while driving? I’m sure they’re pretty reliable from all the positive reviews I’ve read. 400 bucks for headers and a y is pretty damn cheap.
Usual fitment issues with these cheaper priced pipes are rubbing or hitting the passenger side frame rail. Ive been running the xs power headers for quite a few years now. Never had any issues until I changed my stock motor mounts to TPD motor mounts. The new motor mounts kinda shifted the position of the motor a tiny bit further back. Only time I could hear the header rubbing was when I put it in reverse. Since than I readjusted the passenger side header with a little bit of hammer persuasion and made more clearance.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
47 Posts
i have the speed engineering on mine. my mounts are abit tired, so when i put em in the pass side hit the frame. i ended up putting a couple washers under the mounts and all was set. like others, seams the y-pipe clamps leak abit. get some sealer or better clamps.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS/9-7x
3 Posts
They're junk. I put them on my TBSS and had nothing but problems.
The O2 placement is wrong.
The cats blew out instantly upon startup.
The pipes hit the passenger side motor mount.
The pipes hit the steering shaft.

The metal is ultra thin, the welds are horrid, the merge is comically bad.

Save up for good ones!

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input everyone. Think I’m going to just save up a little and get some Kooks.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So I officially ended up ordering a set of ARH 1 7/8's with ORY directly from them, they have a 10% off Covid-19 sale going on. I didn't know their headers are built to order, so it'll take about two weeks to arrive but glad they're being made specifically for me. I went way over my budget but the quality is definitely worth it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
12 Posts
I bought the Pacesetter from Pcm of NC went with the armour coating the headers Fit great the y pipe was a little tricky to install it was all slip joint with clamps ran it about a month kept having leak issues which was messing with my tune so I went back and modified it with 3" weld on v-band clamps from Monkey Fab on the headers and y-pipe looks great and works fabulous been on there about a year now still looks great

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I was originally going with ARH but they delayed my order three times already, I canceled and went with Kooks. The quality of these are amazing, can’t wait to have them installed this week.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
275 Posts
I’m jealous of your midpipes. I’m about to yank my Speed Engineerings off and bite the bullet on some Kooks’. The leaking midpipes are getting on my nerves.

·
Registered
06 Silver stone 3SS
48 Posts
Mx if you do go with the kooks let me know what you want for the SE set I'm also in Fl.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
275 Posts
Mx if you do go with the kooks let me know what you want for the SE set I'm also in Fl.
Sure thing!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts