Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like they have to come in from the bottom. Just got done putting Kooks on my buddies GTO, and passenger came in from the bottom, and the drivers from the top. How hard is it on the TBSS. Plan on getting the Kooks myself.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are the hiccups (there is always some pain in the ass). With the GTO it was the rear mounted steering rack).

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Actually mine went right in no problem. I did mine with the transmission out and they slid right in like butter. You will need to unbolt the starter and the transmission crossmember to make it easier.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, sounds easy enough. Did you just happen to have the tranny out or is it required? I'm sure you were beefing it up.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Wondering how many hours it would take for two mechanically enclined people to do it. Is a lift a must? Turning my SS in for an awd 07. Modding the f*&^ outta the new one. :) Seems like Kooks along with stainless works exhaust is the way to go. Is the Y pipe with cats designed well? Havent seen any pics. May just do it all at once. Mid 13's is cool, feels slow now. Must go faster.

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts
Kooks with Catted Y Pipe and SW Exhaust. I posted these pics like 300x! lol.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
Gotta get some band clamps MT.. I had problems with those clamps.. Just one.. but enough to give my wideband a hard time. BTW header install is not bad, its just time consuming. I assume you have access to a lift. Also.. Cut the stock Y pipe.. Might want to change spark plugs while you are at it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts