Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tip on my truck from the JBA catback is only 3-4" long, it looks good standing behind the truck but walking towards it on the side always bugs me that I can see it size down by the bumper, I know since most of us have a res it seems like most trucks I've seen have a short tip, I'm thinking about taking my res off (smaller one from JBA catback) and running a tip at least 10" long and 4" diameter the whole way, anybody have longish tips on their truck and any pics?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody have a tip thats about 8-10" or longer? That's the longest I could go without removing my resonator.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
699 Posts
I do, will have to take pics when I get home.
These are 4" rolled lip about 14-16" long

Let me know if u want some more angles, I'll get them later

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Minus the rust looks good. If you're walking towards the truck can you see the end under the bumper? The only thing that really annoys me about my tip is that I can see the end of it where the bumper curves under. Is the hanger welded on the tip on the other side? I can probably go about 10" without having to mess with the hanger I have if I go longer gotta chop the res and weld the hanger on the tip.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,442 Posts
The tip on my truck from the JBA catback is only 3-4" long, it looks good standing behind the truck but walking towards it on the side always bugs me that I can see it size down by the bumper, I know since most of us have a res it seems like most trucks I've seen have a short tip, I'm thinking about taking my res off (smaller one from JBA catback) and running a tip at least 10" long and 4" diameter the whole way, anybody have longish tips on their truck and any pics?
Kool vue has some really nice tips and reasonably priced. Mine are wide oval 6 3/4" by 3 3/4" X 11" long for the dual wide cut valance and were $80 shipped for both. Originally they were angled with rolled tip so I cut off the rolled edge.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
699 Posts
Minus the rust looks good. If you're walking towards the truck can you see the end under the bumper? The only thing that really annoys me about my tip is that I can see the end of it where the bumper curves under. Is the hanger welded on the tip on the other side? I can probably go about 10" without having to mess with the hanger I have if I go longer gotta chop the res and weld the hanger on the tip.
No, can't see the end from anywhere while standing. I believe the hanger is welded to the pipe and not the tip, possibly just out of the pic, but will check in the morning to make sure. If u do have to remove the res def go double wall, these things are loud in the truck. If u can make the NE meet u can see and hear in person

Yes I know they r rusty, but it's a pain to get under there and alot to polish without the right tools

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
mines 4in about 10in or so

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is that 4" the whole way Jay? Looks good, basically I want a tip long enough that when you're behind the vehicle or to the side of it you can't see any of the plain piping, I think just a few inches longer would do the trick, I just hate being able to see the transition and my truck is pretty low too.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Its 3.5 to the spintech. I bought a 4in 45* Stainless bend, and cut it in the middle of the bend so it matches the shape of the bumper cover. Its kind of hard to see how its cut, but I didn't want a slash cut tip.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
699 Posts
Busy weekend. The pass side hanger is welded to the inside of the tip, the driver side hanger is welded in front of the tip to the pipe. I have this pic, I u want more from te sides let me know

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
Those rolled tips look good!

My spintech is a 3.5" shootout pro which one is urs? Im trying to swap mine now for magnaflow its too loud on this unlike on my silverado...

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
925 Posts
Those rolled tips look good!

My spintech is a 3.5" shootout pro which one is urs? Im trying to swap mine now for magnaflow its too loud on this unlike on my silverado...
Too loud is def what im looking for. whats your setup?

Are you running muffler delete with the spintech as your res?

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
I just sold the spintech but it was muffler with resonator delete... Dirty30 did centermount exhaust so.no.room for resonator unless its small... Now if u want loud go with a race muffler spintech or theorbsuper prostreet... Damn good mufflers!!! Youtube tatudmarine u can.hear it with longtubes and cammed on my silverado...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts