Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol so I'm at this light in a 55mph zone and this GMT900 silverado wants to go at the light. So I obliged and let him jump me and I stomp on it (AWD), but unfortunately it was a bit greasy due to snow this past weekend and I spun all 4. I didn't shut traction control/stabilitrak off and I made an idiot of myself for it. :rofl:
What ended up happening instead of an easy kill was me having no power for 5 seconds after I launched... I hate winter. :doh:

Thought everyone could use a laugh at my expense.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
That's a face palm for sure

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know! What's sad is he probably thinks he really packed my shit even though I instantly pulled a half truck on him before traction control kicked in. :boff:

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Ya ya ya!!!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
I've gotten into the habit of turning off the TC as I'm pulling out of the driveway. Just in case.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fully agree, it's just in the winter I leave it on unless I'm driving through a lot of snow.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Doh! This is why I turn it off every time I start it by habit.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
686 Posts
ya its instinct for me to turn all that crap off before I even back up......unless its raining......never really have snow here although it is an 80% of wintry mix here this weekend. folks will probably panic!! haha

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
160 Posts
I dunno - looking silly might be better than 4-wheel drifting into a snowbank or even the truck. LOL.

I don't even touch stabilitrack/traction control when it's even sprinkling out.. my truck gets downright dangerous.

·
Test tha rest, not Tha SS
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
I fully agree, it's just in the winter I leave it on unless I'm driving through a lot of snow.
Listen guys, don't berate me too much for asking, but I've been hearing alot from you guys about cutting off the TC; what are the benefits of doing such....I thought the TC will keep the SS straight & narrow while others fishtail:popcorn3:.....

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD
4,748 Posts
Traction Control (TC) will kill acceleration when wheel spin is experienced.

Stabilitrak will apply brakes and kill acceleration when undo yaw is experienced.

Both serve as "nannies" where a good driver wouldn't need them and are meant to keep you, as you say, "straight and narrow".

Turning them off only turns them kind-of-off. Removing the fuse (#61?) kills all power to that, and the ABS system. This keeps you from losing power on a loose launch or allows for burnouts.

And, svensk, it's okay to lose (even accidentally) to a GM. Don't let HemiKiller lose to a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep though. That would be a sin.:bum:

·
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts

Stabilitrak will apply brakes and kill acceleration when undo yaw is experienced.

Both serve as "nannies" where a good driver wouldn't need them and are meant to keep you, as you say, "straight and narrow".

Turning them off only turns them kind-of-off. Removing the fuse (#61?) kills all power to that, and the ABS system. This keeps you from losing power on a loose launch or allows for burnouts.

And, svensk, it's okay to lose (even accidentally) to a GM. Don't let HemiKiller lose to a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep though. That would be a sin.:bum:
Big Rob, thanks homey:coolthumb:.....how did your surgery go; hope all went well (seeing that you are posting again, I assume it went alright).....

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD
4,748 Posts
I think you are talking about "the other" Big Rob on here. BigRobSS. I didn't have a surgery. Unless you mean the penis reduction surgery.

:biggrin2:

·
Registered
07 Black 2WD TBSS
193 Posts

I did a burnout by just turning off tc/stabilitrac.

·
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
I think you are talking about "the other" Big Rob on here. BigRobSS. I didn't have a surgery. Unless you mean the penis reduction surgery.

:biggrin2:
Good one:cheers1:....sorry bout that, homey; don't want to wish any bad luck on ya....

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Don't worry Rob, hemi killer is undefeated at the street light drags until this one.. I have a tundra that races me off the same light almost once a week and it comes down to, "how many bus lengths can I put on him today?"

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD
4,748 Posts
Fuck yeah! REPRESENT!

:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Don't worry Rob, hemi killer is undefeated at the street light drags until this one.. I have a tundra that races me off the same light almost once a week and it comes down to, "how many bus lengths can I put on him today?"
Just dont pass the next gas station! :boff:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts