Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the hsw 90 plate and there is no way it will ever seal off againist the trhottle body. Im thinking they sent the wrong one does any one have a pic. of this mounted? it looks like they sent me one for a GTO

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Tear that shit up and send it back!!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok ive talk to some folks with the L92 intake and theres worked fine without modifing anything. HSW works says there is not a difference in the plated. It always seems the simple things take me forever or maybe im just to picky

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
I hope it works out

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
1,712 Posts
Bubba just checked my plate and it hits the same place as yours does. What did you do to fix it? I'm thinking about calling HSW and seeing if the plate can be mounted upside down.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bubba just checked my plate and it hits the same place as yours does. What did you do to fix it? I'm thinking about calling HSW and seeing if the plate can be mounted upside down.
I cut the fin off and sanded small amount of the plastic away. I talked to alvin and he said his didnt hit. Call hsw and see what they say and ill call them also. Something has to wrong if 2 of them are doing it. Alvin said mine appeared to be the same as his.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
14 Posts
I just did my hsw and l92 intake and heads last week and I had the same problem I just cut that little fin off the intake then sanded it smooth. No problems yet but I just finally pulled it out the garage and put it on trailer to go to the dyno so guess we will see.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That lucky Alvin!!!LOL We need to take him gambling cause he has all the luck. 3 hit 1 didnt WTH!!! HSW emailed me back and said they do not make a L92 plate. It wouldnt work without modifing the intake if it worked at all. Thinking about sending it back and getting a fogger and calling it done.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just did my hsw and l92 intake and heads last week and I had the same problem I just cut that little fin off the intake then sanded it smooth. No problems yet but I just finally pulled it out the garage and put it on trailer to go to the dyno so guess we will see.
Whos doing your tune down there? Im only 2 hours north of you

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
14 Posts
Hux racing down in sylacauga if everything goes good tomorrow im going to try for steele friday night. Where do you race at up there? I just moved to bama from wisconsin so not real sure where all the tracks are at.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hux racing down in sylacauga if everything goes good tomorrow im going to try for steele friday night. Where do you race at up there? I just moved to bama from wisconsin so not real sure where all the tracks are at.
We come to steele every once in awhile but mostly huntsville.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,893 Posts
What intake manifolds are you guys running? My hsw plate fits no problem on stock manifold...or are guys running non-stock ones?

·
Registered
2006 TBSS LS
518 Posts
Had the same thing on mine also. I just took a file to it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts