Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is one that I just did for Rob aka skinpuppi and has yellow LEDs. Mine has blue LEDS and also there is red or green available. These are rated at 16 AMPs and will have red power lead, black ground lead and the two leads- yellow top and orange bottom- from switches to what ever acc you want to power up. The cost is $25 exchanged for yours including shipping. Hit me up if you are interested. For those not wanting to do an exchange, I have a source for new ones at $56, plus $25 for my switches, wiring, construction & ship.

Rear view - yellow upper switch, orange lower switch, red power in, black ground for leds

final- wrapped wires

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very interested. more pictures? preferably of the back? trying to see if this is something that im looking for
I'll get a pic of the back side up later tonight or tomorrow morning. The leads for the switches come out the lower back side with one being poistive in (red), ground out (black) and the two power out leads (yellow) from both switches.

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
So is this a one time deal or can you make these with the different color led switch?

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No this is ongoing as people need them. And there is the choice of four colors-red,green, yellow, & blue.
final pic

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Not bad for the $$. I added an LED to mine and getting that bitch back together correctly with all stock buttons working was a PITA! Well worth 25$ not to fight it. GLWS

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
do you have an outright price Kevin? I may be interested in one if I can keep the stocker.

·
Banned
18,856 Posts

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
Kevin I did the same thing.. Lol. I put weather pack connectors so it still removable. One it running my trans fan and the other one is my second fuel pump

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
What would the price be, if possible, to keep my stock unit?
And what color would look more stockish with the other light their.. green?

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I missed that.....Now onto my next Question.....What is the Wire Gauge?
Looks to me to be a 16Ga Wire or smaller....Which is a bit small for the Amp rating of the switch.
Might want to up your wire size if this is the case Kev for the next ones, just so you done exceed the rating of the wire if someone were to get close to using the potential of the switch.
I'm using 16 GA to only power the relay which has 12 GA wire power from the battery thru the relay to the fan.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
based on $25 yes. Unless I can find some more switch boxes for a reasonable price.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cool

Kevin I did the same thing.. Lol. I put weather pack connectors so it still removable. One it running my trans fan and the other one is my second fuel pump
I knew we sort of thought alike. :) I'm hooking up my second switch to power LED lights under the hood for better night time visual in the engine compartment.
Are you going to have beast running by Oct 14?

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
What would the price be, if possible, to keep my stock unit?
And what color would look more stockish with the other light their.. green?
Let me see what I can find on those switch boxes...I'm betting they are pretty pricey with circuit board/electronics.
Otherwise I can maybe do a "do-it-yourself package" of the pieces-wire, switches, etc and with pics/instructions to view.

Ouch...looks like $95 for the correct switch box with fogs. Wonder what salvage yards sell them for?
Also found that there is a version with headlight washers switch in it????

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
Not bad for the $$. I added an LED to mine and getting that bitch back together correctly with all stock buttons working was a PITA! Well worth 25$ not to fight it. GLWS
:iamwithstupid:

I had the same expreience.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts