Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A stock GM lifter took out my motor the first time and the Morel Link Bars took the motor out the second time. The new build is going to be Procharged with all new bearings. I am leaning towards Johnson 2126 short travel, slow leak down lifters. A few folks have said the 2116's are perfect for a boosted street truck. Anyone have any experience with either of these? Pros cons?

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
371 Posts
I went with morel 7717s for my ongoing build because i’m running a relatively conservative cam ((218/230 .6/.608) on what are called endurance lobes, so nothing too crazy supposedly.
If i was running a higher rpm engine, I would run either the 88958689 lifters or the ones you’re looking at, the Big Johnson 2116s. I should have jumped on some 2110s that were on here for sale a while ago but eh.
A reason I like the 7717s is the large travel/preload, but that really isnt here nor there, just my preference.
I guess GM uses the johnson lifters in the zl1 camaros for something, I was reading some stuff somewhere about how GM tested lifters for their high perf applications like the ZL1s and Johnson came out on top, so that says something fwiw.
Also the spring pressure for my application is within Morel’s limits, so that’s good.
If I was spinning higher I would go with the 2116/2116LSRs or the 8x GMPP lifters, less forgiving on preload but I have been recommended them by people with much more first hand experience with those parts/etc. also the 8x GMPP lifter and the 2116s can take more than 380lbs, so I’d definitely go with big johnson/ GMPP if I had the need. two cents

1 - 2 of 2 Posts