Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a pic of one of my stock lifters after 70k miles. It has a pretty good sized groove on the roller. There are a few of them that are like this and I was wondering what could have caused this and how I can prevent it in the future?

I change my oil pretty often, less than every 3k miles due to the frequent trips to the track and the fact that it still is a dd for the most part. I use various brands of 5w-30 full synthetic oil and AC Delco/Mobile 1 Filters.

Are the filters not catching enough dirt? Should I switch to a thicker oil?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Neal, We probably have a set of LS7 lifters in stock. I'd switch to a oil with ZDDP in it, that is exactly where that stuff helps, that and piston skirts.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS
1,935 Posts
I've been using 10w30 VR1 valvoline for several oil changes now and love it. Gotta agree with two tons though, something caused that whether it be bearing material, casting flash, etc. U still got a stock pan?

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Neal, We probably have a set of LS7 lifters in stock. I'd switch to a oil with ZDDP in it, that is exactly where that stuff helps, that and piston skirts.
Thanks Alvin. I was able to pick up a new set locally the other day.

I've been using 10w30 VR1 valvoline for several oil changes now and love it. Gotta agree with two tons though, something caused that whether it be bearing material, casting flash, etc. U still got a stock pan?
Yeah stock oil pan still. Always use 6.5qts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts