Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got my 2007 TBSS with 21,000 miles. Sounds like lifters are ticking at start up? Should I be scared? Is this common?:dunno:

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
common

just start it up when cold and rev it till redline to recirculate the fluid quicker.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Ain't people nice? I think this is pretty common on these engines.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
im sure he knows im fucking with him

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,740 Posts
I got my 2007 TBSS with 5k miles on it, and it has the same lifter tick at 114k miles.
common.:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS
1,935 Posts
It's common. Mine had ticking lifters from day one and I bought it new. I replaced them with ls-7 lifters before I sold it and the ticking was gone. Ran a little faster at the track to fwiw...

·
Registered
08 TBSS
19 Posts
Yep...it's common. My ls2 GTO did it the day it left the dealership and was still doing it when I traded it on my TBSS five years later. The TBSS does the same thing.

·
Premium Member
2006 TrailblazerSS
3,224 Posts
I've been noticing a ticking noise lately... not sure where it's coming from though? How do y'all know it's your lifters making that noise? :dunno:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys, had me scared for a minute. It has a little bit of rattle while running, sounds louder near the back. It's not the injectors, not real worried about it. Just gettin ready to mod it and don't wanna start if it needs TLC.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
common

just start it up when cold and rev it till redline to recirculate the fluid quicker.
:doh:

Damn I just did this. Guess I should have read down further before starting my 4th of july fireworks early.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts