Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I'll give you a brief "logical" reason why I did it. I drove out to one of the local state run management areas to hunt. Normally the roads aren't to bad but, they were bad enough that I bottomed out a few times before I gave up and hunted somewhere else. I have a spare set of 4 wheels in the garage so, I ordered 4 - Falken Wildpeak A/T AT3W 275/60/20's (lifted it 2"), 2 - Bora 1.5" front wheel spacers (so the taller tires would clear the upper ball joint) , 2 - 3" front strut lifts (mounts between the strut and strut tower), and a pair of normal Trailblazer coil springs (they are an inch taller and I had a set in the attic). I won't be bottoming out anymore!!! I don't go mudding or go through areas that might scratch my truck. I consider it more of an aggressive looking parking lot crawler :) As soon as hunting season is over in a few weeks I will be swapping my other set wheels/suspension back to street use. I did Plasti Dip the wheels black. Here are a few pictures:

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,513 Posts
The larger profile tires make it look great. Good job.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks .... It definitely doesn't handle the same so it has got me to slow down some.

Reactions: bigstogs

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
6 Posts
I like it too! Wonder how it would look on some 22x14's and a lot more lift... because big trucks are just dumb so why not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
6 Posts
"Lifting 2wd trucks is like walking around with a cucumber taped to your thigh; looks cool, but when it comes time to use it, you're stuck in a pickle." -Me (other than prerunner trucks.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hunting season is over in a few weeks and it will be back down on the Bigs and Smalls.

Good news though .... hunting season will be back next year and it will be lifted right back up. Maybe on 22x14's just to piss people off!!

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When it's lowered back down I'll take pictures and update this post just so you don't ban me
:banhim:

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
962 Posts
I like it too. Actually thought about doing that when I first got my truck. You don't see any lifted TBSS around here.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
They are Falken Wildpeak A/T AT3W and they suck big time in the rain.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
108 Posts
What size front tires are on it normally in the pic above? I see in the sig the rears are 315/35's.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts