Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got rid of the wedge look of the TB by installing a leveling kit. I bought one off Amazon, Motofab, solid quality and very reasonable. The install took me about 7 hours but, also removed the control arms, painted them, and swapped them around in the truck. The lift kit leveled the vehicle but, also picked it up about 3 1/2”. More than I wanted but, at least my tires don’t rub anymore. Since I have had the spacers installed, I noticed the rear Suspension is really stiff and going over bumps creates a decent thud. I am wondering if I need to get different springs now as the current ones may be too compressed to provide a softer Suspension. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was your fix?

A2EA810F-A662-49AD-B93A-AED8AC574144.jpeg
1A0D326E-8AE6-47BD-B14B-463016162825.jpeg
5B6C2D75-3B3C-4340-9FB1-B0D75DA3FD0F.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I finally got rid of the wedge look of the TB by installing a leveling kit. I bought one off Amazon, Motofab, solid quality and very reasonable. The install took me about 7 hours but, also removed the control arms, painted them, and swapped them around in the truck. The lift kit leveled the vehicle but, also picked it up about 3 1/2”. More than I wanted but, at least my tires don’t rub anymore. Since I have had the spacers installed, I noticed the rear Suspension is really stiff and going over bumps creates a decent thud. I am wondering if I need to get different springs now as the current ones may be too compressed to provide a softer Suspension. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was your fix?

View attachment 101634 View attachment 101635 View attachment 101636 View attachment 101638 View attachment 101639
I think u figured out the problem from talking with another guy. Will replace the rear shocks with new ones. Purchased some Bilstein

View attachment 101634 View attachment 101635 View attachment 101636 View attachment 101638 View attachment 101639
I think I may have found the answer by talking with a friend. I ordered some rear shocks to replace the factory ones, Bilstein 5100 series. I’m not looking for anymore lift since I already added about 3 inches there from the leveling kit, focus is ride performance. Will post up some images when the work is complete and have had time to feel the difference. They look nice in the box. 🤙🏼

1 - 3 of 3 Posts