Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 TBSS level sensor "link rods" are broken, both sides. I can manually adjust them and the rear will move either up or down. The one on the passenger side is broken off at the frame pivot, the drivers side is pretty much completely missing, see pics. Has anyone gotten creative and fabricated something so as to not have to buy a whole new sensor assembly? It just seems crazy to have to buy the whole sensor? I have no idea how this happened, I pull my boat with it and don't really drive it that much, just turned over 80K. I know $hit happens, but it just seems odd that they broke like that. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,722 Posts
I would post up WTB thread to see if anyone who went springs in the rear will sell you their used set since they don't need them anymore. Or ditch the bags and put springs in and be done with the sensors, bags, and pump.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
737 Posts
I've been looking for a set of them also because mine did the same thing. It really sucks you can't buy just the links.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would post up WTB thread to see if anyone who went springs in the rear will sell you their used set since they don't need them anymore. Or ditch the bags and put springs in and be done with the sensors, bags, and pump.
Yes, that is an option. I might try to fabricate something and see how it works. I've been able to reach through the wheel and physically set the arm of the sensor so the back end is not too high or too low and not sitting on the bump stops. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been looking for a set of them also because mine did the same thing. It really sucks you can't buy just the links.

Yes! It does suck that you can't just buy the links! I guess that would make too much sense.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS, Silverado SS
12 Posts
If you do post a classified be aware you'll likely get some scam messages. I got 2 when I tried to place an ad for a rear valance.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
737 Posts
Reactions: Surferdude

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's the rubber ends that deteriorate and break.

That's an idea. I'm going to try to fabricate something before I decide to buy new sensors. I recently had to have my fuel tank sensor replaced. All I did was fill up the tank as I usually do and when I started it up, the gauge said "empty" and I had a check engine light. Crazy, makes no sense.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can someone tell what the length of an unbroken link is? I ran across something in my basement that I may be able to get it to work, but I want to cut it to the right length.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I made a prototype out of a thick paint stirring stick. So far, so good, seems to work fine. I might need to find a better way to attach it to the mounting post, but for right now I'm pretty satisfied with the results.
Prototype TBSS.jpg

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
972 Posts
Search on here good. I swear I remember somebody offering adjustable linkage rods for these trucks. I’ll try and find the post for you. It was a long long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Surferdude

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS, Silverado SS
12 Posts
Can someone tell what the length of an unbroken link is? I ran across something in my basement that I may be able to get it to work, but I want to cut it to the right length.
Sorry I saw this so late, tomorrow I'll get under the truck and take a measurement for you.

·
Premium Member
Black 2006 SS
1,921 Posts
I have the adjustable linkage rods. I’m on vacation and not at home right now, but send $30 to my PayPal address at [email protected] and I’ll get them out to you next week.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
737 Posts
With the rubber ends or just the middle rod?

·
Premium Member
Black 2006 SS
1,921 Posts
I just have the rods. They’re are a lot of guys on here who replaced their air bags with springs. You might find someone who removed the sensors, that would sale the complete setup to you.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
737 Posts
I thought the same thing also, so I started a thread a few weeks ago looking for a set and this poster is looking for them also. Maybe one of the threads will jar someones memory that has a nice set on the shelf that the rubber hasn't dry rotted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bindain, wow, I didn't think of that. If I don't get some real ones locally and something happens with my "prototypes", I may have to try that. Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts