Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know I was dropping a 416 stroker into my 2007 AWD TBSS (remember the year).

I purchased a blown mototr from a 2006 TBSS (again remember the year).

So the build overall went well, 2 issues-code P0030 and P0341.

P0030-oops I forgot to plug in the drivers side o2 sensor
P0341-WTF cam sensor!!!

I was thinking that maybe a bad sensor, started researching the issue there. I run accross a site showing 4 different sprocket designs.

Come to find out the 2006 cam sprocket is different than the 2007-doh!!!!

So lesson learned don't use the half moon cam sprocket on an 07-lol. Not overly painful to fix...but lack of experience with these motors got me.

Just wanted to share!

·
The Brazilian one.
2006 & 2007 TBSS
879 Posts
You also need the 58X reluctor on the crank for the 2007 and newer.
Noob ? But what's that? I will be doing a cam soon and wanna make sure I got everything needed for the job.. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
Rich, running a LPE 24x-58x converter box would be the quick and easy way vs pulling the motor and swapping reluctors. That said, if the crank/cam sensors arent a 58x matched pair (so 58x crank, 4x cam) you'll have to pull the motor and change them out anyway.

So Jeremiah, if you havent already pulled the motor, might be worth it to look into the LPE converter box. Lets you run a 58x/4x motor on a 24x/1x PCM/ECM, yes the module is a few hundred bucks but it would save you tearing into it.

Check it out: LPE 58x-24x convert module

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
In his case that would work but I think it only works one way right? They dont sell one to make a 24 wheel work in a later truck. Been a while since I looked though.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Noob ? But what's that? I will be doing a cam soon and wanna make sure I got everything needed for the job.. Thanks
If you are doing a cam only, don't worry about this...The reluctor wheel is what the crank position sensor uses to tell where (in the rotation) the crank is. This is how the ignition system knows when to fire the injectors and coils. The cam and crank sensors are both used in these functions. When doing a cam, you don't have to worry about this.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS 3SS
1,226 Posts
I'm with rich only works on 06's running a 58x reluctor

·
The Brazilian one.
2006 & 2007 TBSS
879 Posts
Ahh ok.. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I am good on the crank, the motor was built by LEP for the 07. But when I transfered the cam sprocket I didn't realize they were different 06 to 07.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have one from my other motor. But will let you know since I'm selling my H/C package.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all it good now after 4 hours!

O2=fixed!
New sprocket=IN
HID/headlights=working!

AIT sensor in LS7 MAF=dead...damnit! If its not one thing its another

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts

A. is the stock 07+ single bolt 4X recultor cam gear (also 06+ vette)

B. is the 3 bolt 4X recluctor for use in a 07+ with 3 bolt cam (also 06+ vette)

C. is the 06 3 bolt gear with 1X reluctor ( also 05 vette, 05-06 GTO)

D. is pre 2004 3 bolt gear for early motors with the cam sensor located in the rear

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had sprocket C, and swapped for sprocket B.

That picture above should be a sticky!!

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts

A. is the stock 07+ single bolt 4X recultor cam gear (also 06+ vette)

B. is the 3 bolt 4X recluctor for use in a 07+ with 3 bolt cam (also 06+ vette)

C. is the 06 3 bolt gear with 1X reluctor ( also 05 vette, 05-06 GTO)

D. is pre 2004 3 bolt gear for early motors with the cam sensor located in the rear

Someone else should have listened when doing there swap......:doh:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Someone else should have listened when doing there swap......
?????

I did not see this info anywhere until AFTER I got the error code and did the research. I had already done quite a bit of research, and thought it was all covered (like the crank sprocket, crank sensor, valley cover,ETC)....didnt see the cam ANYWHERE!!!

This is how people learn (sometimes) I research and do, and if something is missed (like above) then I learn from it. To me its something that anyone fairly new to the LSx motor could do.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
?????

I did not see this info anywhere until AFTER I got the error code and did the research. I had already done quite a bit of research, and thought it was all covered (like the crank sprocket, crank sensor, valley cover,ETC)....didnt see the cam ANYWHERE!!!

This is how people learn (sometimes) I research and do, and if something is missed (like above) then I learn from it. To me its something that anyone fairly new to the LSx motor could do.
I posted this info a while back and Ant reposted in this thread. Jake was talking to Anthony I believe.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts