Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Black 06
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4am. Just got gas, won't start! Everything turns on turn the key to start and nothing happens. Tow truck picked it up and it's headed back to the dealer so they can tell me it started right up for them! This is getting old! It sucks that you work your ass off to by nice shit and you have to wonder everytime you turn the key "is it going to start" it should'nt be like that!:wtf:

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
I beleive your ignition switch went bad

·
Registered
Black 06
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ignition switch has been replaced twice! The second time it was done the truck didn'nt start a few days after the switch was replaced, i'm thinking starter or the safety switch in the shifter?

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Man that stinks

·
Registered
Black 06
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the last switch that I pulled out, and the contacts were fine. I replaced anyway and the the no start thing happend again! I think there is a problem somewhere in the wiring

·
Test tha rest, not Tha SS
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Ignition switch....mine did the exact same thing, luckily it was in my parking spot.
:iamwithstupid:

XMas eve, mine did the same thing....

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
16 Posts
Same thing with mine too. Having it towed this morning to Chevrolet. Do they typically have this part in stock? I would like to get my truck back today but not counting on it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
14 Posts
I've had 2 ignition switches, a battery and a starter and I feel your pain. Mine did it again today at the gas station. I've had it back at the dealership a few times, their latest ideas are a bad relay somewhere or a bad ECU. The hunt continues.

·
Registered
Black 06
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
put the new starter in on Sat. I have my fingers crossed that was the problem!!

·
Registered
Black 06
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same thing with mine too. Having it towed this morning to Chevrolet. Do they typically have this part in stock? I would like to get my truck back today but not counting on it.
If it's the ignition switch or a starter relay, it will be a easy fix!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
16 Posts
They are telling me the fuse box is FRIED! Won't be ready today either. I told them to replace the starter while they have it since my problems started there. Although I hate rental cars, they are fun to hit potholes in. Would never do that in the TBSS!

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Ive had this problem too... figured out it was the connection on the negative post on the battery... luckily my mother and father gave me long enough arms to have 1 hand on the key and the other on the negative post to wiggle the wire....fires right up every time.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
16 Posts
Hey gman - is your truck starting now? They replaced the fuse box on mine and just now at lunch - "click"....no start. Having it towed again!

·
Premium Member
06 Black 3SS
1,489 Posts
Wow, I was going to say ignition switch too, but if its had a new one twice it might be something else. damn

1 - 19 of 19 Posts