Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x Aero
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed some Aaron 3157 amber leds in my headlights.

These should run alot cooler (hopefully), and look to be quite a bit brighter than stock. I'm hoping they will prevent any further melting.

I didn't have to use any resistors. These were plug and play in the headlights. I will keep an eye on them for a few days to make sure no hyperflashing surfaces.

http://www.amazon.com/Aaron-Amber-x...TF8&qid=1439255581&sr=8-5&keywords=aaron+3157

·
Registered
Saab Aero
392 Posts
Thanks..got them .look great..my lenses were already melty so I took a dremel and cut them out neatly around the bulb..looks really good.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x Aero
571 Posts
Thanks..got them .look great..my lenses were already melty so I took a dremel and cut them out neatly around the bulb..looks really good.
Yeah that's a stellar idea....ours are melted pretty badly and I've been trying to figure a way to cut out the lense and glue something else in place.

Pics please!

·
Registered
Saab Aero
392 Posts
Take headlights out of vehicle,unplus all the bulbs so you can wrk on a table and put your dremel thru the hole for the running/turn light when your done use a shop vac to vacuum out the pieces.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x Aero
571 Posts
Still want to see pics of how it looks on the outside!! Please!

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x Aero
571 Posts
Apparently I've reached my bandwidth limit (or you have?) on that site. I've never been there before!

·
Registered
'06 Black AWD TBSS
953 Posts
I got the same message...?

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
386 Posts
That looks pretty clean. Any noticeable brightness change at night without the lens? Also, did you cut it out from the back or take off the front cover for the whole light?

·
Registered
Saab Aero
392 Posts
thru the hole for the bulb.. Easy..
Combo of the led bulb and no lens makes it bright even in
sunlight.

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
Just ordered up a set of these LED bulbs from Amazon finally. Should be here this week or next. Can't wait to get them installed.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
278 Posts
I don't know much about these led bulbs. Did you guys all install resistors as well?

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
386 Posts
I don't know much about these led bulbs. Did you guys all install resistors as well?
No need for resistors if you are going to install Amber LEDs. If you are installing switchbacks (like I did), then you will need a new flasher unit to install under the dash.

Truth be told, I am going to change my switchbacks to just plain Amber LEDs. The switchbacks and HID lights don't match in color and it annoys the hell out of me.

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts