Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally have what I think are all the bugs worked on on my 416 built.

-correct cam sprocket installed
-HIDs working
-driver O2 working (and plugged in)
-all gauges finally working

Now here's what weird and I have only ever seen 1 other style vehicle do this (97 Grand Prixs after PCM reprog).

After the sprocket change the SS wouldnt start and I fouled out a NEW set of plugs. So I change the plugs and she still wouldn't fire-WTF! So I jump it, and probably came close to burning up my starter-anyways. Got it running and it was running like chit.

I knew I had 6 CELs but none where an issue and all had been fixed. I also had 2 dash gauges not working- coolant and volt.

So as I get a little more irritated that I cant figure this out on why its so crappy after running god with the incorrect sprocket. I decide to get out the laptop and HPT. As I scan it, everything looks descent (or passable), again except the CELs.

I pull up the CEL list (7 old, and 7 new)
-IAT low input-not fixed-need new MAF
-MAF Low-started under speed density
-3 for O2 sensor
-1 for cam sprocket
-1 for A/C - removed

So I hit "clear" codes, the SS died for a second...and by itself fired right back up.
This resolved ALL issues...its fires right up now, runs like a champ, and all dash gauges started working. I thought-COOL! But weird. Like I said, Ive seen this on the 97 Grand Prix.

I thought it was interesting. Today was its first trip to work in almost 2 weeks, so far so good! Only a few hundred miles to go before she gets her syntheitc oil :).

Thanks,
Jeremiah

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
So I finally have what I think are all the bugs worked on on my 416 built.

-correct cam sprocket installed
-HIDs working
-driver O2 working (and plugged in)
-all gauges finally working

Now here's what weird and I have only ever seen 1 other style vehicle do this (97 Grand Prixs after PCM reprog).

After the sprocket change the SS wouldnt start and I fouled out a NEW set of plugs. So I change the plugs and she still wouldn't fire-WTF! So I jump it, and probably came close to burning up my starter-anyways. Got it running and it was running like chit.

I knew I had 6 CELs but none where an issue and all had been fixed. I also had 2 dash gauges not working- coolant and volt.

So as I get a little more irritated that I cant figure this out on why its so crappy after running god with the incorrect sprocket. I decide to get out the laptop and HPT. As I scan it, everything looks descent (or passable), again except the CELs.

I pull up the CEL list (7 old, and 7 new)
-IAT low input-not fixed-need new MAF
-MAF Low-started under speed density
-3 for O2 sensor
-1 for cam sprocket
-1 for A/C - removed

So I hit "clear" codes, the SS died for a second...and by itself fired right back up.
This resolved ALL issues...its fires right up now, runs like a champ, and all dash gauges started working. I thought-COOL! But weird. Like I said, Ive seen this on the 97 Grand Prix.

I thought it was interesting. Today was its first trip to work in almost 2 weeks, so far so good! Only a few hundred miles to go before she gets her syntheitc oil :).

Thanks,
Jeremiah

What MAF are you running. It sounds like your LTFTs were way off...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are getting closer.. both around -7 to- 10. No vac leaks, and getting tuned aug 29th. Have to deal with it till then I guess.

Its running good now...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts