Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Jett intake and just installed a tune from Alvin last week. The truck has been running great! Then today out of desperation I had to use another gas station cause the usual one was being inspected. Anyways, filled up a full tank of 91 from them and tonight I get a P0170 code (lean bank).

Could this occur from the different gas? Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
I dont gas could do that. But I could be wrong. I have a P0171 & P0174 right now

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only other thing I can think of is when I put in the CAI I forgot to oil the air filter which I just did a few days ago. Maybe I over oiled it and it screwing with the MAF?

And the P0174 was there also. Hmmmmm funny thing is I've had the CAI in there for over a month and no code ever. Then I put in the tune, oil the filter and different gas and plus as where driving the wife finally asks "how's the tune?" then it codes. Murphys law I guess lol

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
Check your gas cap.................:dunno:

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Ethanol content can definately change the AFR point. I'm actually working on some back door stuff that might let us get around this. Its typically worse in large metropolitian areas like Charlotte, DC, Atlanta, etc.

In the mean time try the same fuel you used to be using and as always your welcome to send us a datalog to help us make any accurate changes necessary to getting the truck running as best as it could.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the mean time try the same fuel you used to be using and as always your welcome to send us a datalog to help us make any accurate changes necessary to getting the truck running as best as it could.
Will do thanks Alvin and thanks everyone for the feedback. I trying to drive everywhere this weekend to waste this tank of lousy gas and switch to my usual.

As for the datalog, what would be the easiest way to do that. Is there anywhere that rents Dashhawks, etc?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts