Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a Sony Bravia 46" LCD flat screen above my fireplace (ventless gas log set) for a few years and I am noticing now that the screen has a "heat rainbow" in it that is visible when the screen is off. You can see it while watching TV on a bright day as well. The fireplace was used very often and the TV did get some heat that was constant. I have cleaned the screen with the proper screen cleaner, but the rainbow is still there. Any good solutions?
 

·
Registered
X-Runner
Joined
·
495 Posts
I have had a Sony Bravia 46" LCD flat screen above my fireplace (ventless gas log set) for a few years and I am noticing now that the screen has a "heat rainbow" in it that is visible when the screen is off. You can see it while watching TV on a bright day as well. The fireplace was used very often and the TV did get some heat that was constant. I have cleaned the screen with the proper screen cleaner, but the rainbow is still there. Any good solutions?
This happened to us also. Sold the TV and bought a new one. We used our fireplace 3 out of 4 weekends during winter. I live in a fireplace the rest of the year. :laugh: Texas heat.
 

·
"whitey"
2008
Joined
·
1,211 Posts
I have had a Sony Bravia 46" LCD flat screen above my fireplace (ventless gas log set) for a few years and I am noticing now that the screen has a "heat rainbow" in it that is visible when the screen is off. You can see it while watching TV on a bright day as well. The fireplace was used very often and the TV did get some heat that was constant. I have cleaned the screen with the proper screen cleaner, but the rainbow is still there. Any good solutions?
No expert by no means on "Heat Rainbow" but I'm betting its not caused by heat but fumes from the fireplace leaving a "film" on the glass. Being that a LCD flat screen has a "matt" finish to it you will have to be very carfull with what to use to clean it. I would go see a retail store that sells hi-end TVs and ask them what you can use to clean it (maybe something like clear vinagar?)
 

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
No expert by no means on "Heat Rainbow" but I'm betting its not caused by heat but fumes from the fireplace leaving a "film" on the glass. Being that a LCD flat screen has a "matt" finish to it you will have to be very carfull with what to use to clean it. I would go see a retail store that sells hi-end TVs and ask them what you can use to clean it (maybe something like clear vinagar?)
:iamwithstupid:
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top