Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a Sony Bravia 46" LCD flat screen above my fireplace (ventless gas log set) for a few years and I am noticing now that the screen has a "heat rainbow" in it that is visible when the screen is off. You can see it while watching TV on a bright day as well. The fireplace was used very often and the TV did get some heat that was constant. I have cleaned the screen with the proper screen cleaner, but the rainbow is still there. Any good solutions?

·
Registered
X-Runner
495 Posts
I have had a Sony Bravia 46" LCD flat screen above my fireplace (ventless gas log set) for a few years and I am noticing now that the screen has a "heat rainbow" in it that is visible when the screen is off. You can see it while watching TV on a bright day as well. The fireplace was used very often and the TV did get some heat that was constant. I have cleaned the screen with the proper screen cleaner, but the rainbow is still there. Any good solutions?
This happened to us also. Sold the TV and bought a new one. We used our fireplace 3 out of 4 weekends during winter. I live in a fireplace the rest of the year. :laugh: Texas heat.

·
"whitey"
1,211 Posts
No expert by no means on "Heat Rainbow" but I'm betting its not caused by heat but fumes from the fireplace leaving a "film" on the glass. Being that a LCD flat screen has a "matt" finish to it you will have to be very carfull with what to use to clean it. I would go see a retail store that sells hi-end TVs and ask them what you can use to clean it (maybe something like clear vinagar?)

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
No expert by no means on "Heat Rainbow" but I'm betting its not caused by heat but fumes from the fireplace leaving a "film" on the glass. Being that a LCD flat screen has a "matt" finish to it you will have to be very carfull with what to use to clean it. I would go see a retail store that sells hi-end TVs and ask them what you can use to clean it (maybe something like clear vinagar?)
:iamwithstupid:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts