Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15 LC32 Engine Crossmember Kits in stock and ready to ship.

The Crossmember Kit are $375.00 plus $40.00 shipping .

Please copy and send a PM or E-Mail with the information below and I will add your name to the list and I will call for your credit card information.

PM - Click on my User Name and select Private Message
E-Mail - [email protected]

Product: LC32 Frame Crossmember Kit
Vehicle: (SSR or TBSS)
Name:
Billing/Shipping Address:
Phone Number:

The Crossmembers are for the SSR and TBSS. These will replace the existing Crossmembers under the oil pan. These are made with Chrome Moly Tubing, Laser Cut Plates and TIG Welded to keep the weight down and enhance strength.

Benefits

1) Will allow the use of a C6 Factory Rear Sump Oil Pan for the SSR and 2WD TBSS. (SSR's have some fitment issues with the C6 Oil Pan when using Kooks 1 7/8" headers. There seem to be two different batches, the most recent has a primary tube that is in the way of the oil pan. The primary tube will need to be moved over)

2) Lighter - Stock Crossmembers = 15 lbs - New Crossmembers = 12 lbs (12/15 reduced 4/5 = 80% of stock weight)

3) Will Make Service/Replacement Easier - Steering Rack, Transmission, Starter, Headers, Oil Pan.

4) Driving/Stability Benefits – Added strength and front suspension support at the lower frame.

5) Will allow the use of the Simple Engineering Stiffening/Skid Plate - Suspension / Frame

LC32 Frame Crossmember Kits

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
Ever think about making a tubular K Member for our truck? I know its not for everyone, just curious if you looked at that. I am willing to bet its one big PITA but curious.

BTW Loving my kit.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Git this when the first run was done...it is great :) Works quite well with the Modified 2wd pan (from Moroso), in addition to working with the C6 pan that Joe mentioned.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ever think about making a tubular K Member for our truck? I know its not for everyone, just curious if you looked at that. I am willing to bet its one big PITA but curious.

BTW Loving my kit.
We have several other chassis parts in the works. I have not looked into a complete K-Member yet. The market is so small, I just need to be able to get my R&D time back out of the project.

Thanks for all the great comments!!!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
I want to get this and the stiffening plate. Do I absolutely need this to run the plate? I can't swing both right now.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,681 Posts
Dont know if this was already discussed but what is the reason you cant use it for the awd? Is it because of the transfer case?

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Definitely a future purchase for me along with stiffening plate awesome products Joe.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
Just ordered one....PM sent. Hope there is help for me, I totally missed my deadline!

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Why is this a sticky? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love mine!!!! fit PERFECT!!!!!
Thanks!

I wonder if the Pontiac G8 Oil pan fits under this??? It houses 8.8 quarts of oil :dunno:
I never tried the G8 Pan. I was looking for the best low profile pan offered by GM for availability and performance. The internal baffling and rear sump of the C6 Oil Pan make a great performance upgrade to our platform.

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
Hey Joe, did you ever add a hole on your skid plates to allow for the alignment bolts to be removed? Or do you still have to remove the skid plate to get to the rear alignment bolts?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts