Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
How about this question? on a stock bottomend. 243 cnc HC setup vs cnc HC l92 setup. how much more will the l92's make?
They may not make any more the a ported 243 if both setups use a stock truck manifold. A 360 cfm head and a 325 cfm head only flow as much as the 280 cfm manifold will allow. The L92 manifold is better then the stock TBSS manifold but not by a lot.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
33 Posts
They may not make any more the a ported 243 if both setups use a stock truck manifold. A 360 cfm head and a 325 cfm head on flow as much as the 280 cfm manifold will allow.
x-2.... i was reading some info by patrick g //

useless to put a l92 head with top end, with a plastic manifold restricted at 280 cfm . .

its better to flow ur 243's at low and mid's and match a cam, and still have great street manners...

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Unless your going with FI down the road, stick with what you got, and just add a cam.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
184 Posts
so how much more power are we talking about? i was planning on getting a l92 heads intake cam package from pcm4less but not if its minimal gains.
stock heads/intake & aftermarket cam VS l92 heads/intake & same aftermarket cam

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
so how much more power are we talking about? i was planning on getting a l92 heads intake cam package from pcm4less but not if its minimal gains.
stock heads/intake & aftermarket cam VS l92 heads/intake & same aftermarket cam
Depends on the cam. A good cam with stock heads could put you around 400-420 rwhp. Ported L92 heads and cam have been in the 445-450 rwhp range. I have seen a ported 243 head and cam combo go 445 rwhp too.

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,422 Posts
Can I put 2 sets of 243 heads on my truck since the flow numbers will be doubled and we all know 2 sets of 243's will flow more than 1 set of L92's?
Yeah, but you'll need three truck intake manifolds, at least.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
They flow so well you get boost on an NA motor? That is some serious skill Matt! I bet they work well with the aluminum foil pushrods we made last year...

Yeah. I built my own strip about 1200 ft below sea level for internet hero testing. It's in a refigerated cave!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
They may not make any more the a ported 243 if both setups use a stock truck manifold. A 360 cfm head and a 325 cfm head only flow as much as the 280 cfm manifold will allow. The L92 manifold is better then the stock TBSS manifold but not by a lot.
If the stock manifold only flows 280 cfm, how much more would it flow if it was ported and would it be worth it? Just curious!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
x-2.... i was reading some info by patrick g //

useless to put a l92 head with top end, with a plastic manifold restricted at 280 cfm . .

its better to flow ur 243's at low and mid's and match a cam, and still have great street manners...
You may want to read alittle futher cause the L92 intake is far superior to the stock intake.

As far as power ive had 2 different cams from pcmforless the n/a ground cam made 446 rwhp and the nitrous ground cam made 457 rwhp.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts