Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
is money an option?

if not-guys are putting down real good numbers with the L92s. A good $3000 price tag+gaskets and stuff.

AI ported 243s are $1500 or so +gaskets and stuff.

My AI 243 head and Rob Cam performed quite well, now a 416 stroker with L92s. Still working on tune.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Reactions: DoWork

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
is money an option?

if not-guys are putting down real good numbers with the L92s. A good $3000 price tag+gaskets and stuff.

AI ported 243s are $1500 or so +gaskets and stuff.

My AI 243 head and Rob Cam performed quite well, now a 416 stroker with L92s. Still working on tune.
A good set of L92s will run you 2000-2500.

A bad ass set will run 3500-4000

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
I was at WCCH yesterday, and, wow, such nice truck candy.

If I had a larger bore, those CNC LS7's really work well.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Go with a set of after market heads like AFR, Trickflow, or L92.:2cents:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,200 Posts
Big intake side advantage to the l92's

so what kind of difference are we talking between the 2 i know theres a ton of variables.
really need the right cam to make it shine. What are you trying to do? Do you just want an improvement over current or are you doing to do the cam heads headers route?

By the way those three tend to go together as a package to get the most out of ported heads.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,200 Posts
CAM pick

i was trying to decide between cnced 243's or l92s with a slight port and polish valve job and decked. i will also have headers stall and all other supporting mods.
will be quite different for the l92's if you go that route.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
I would say the l92 is a better option over porting the stock heads.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yall must mean aftermarket l92s for that price.you can find a used take off set for around 5-600 bucks.when i start modding,heres my plan.ls1 e-fans,l92 heads,l76 intake,headers and magnaflow exhaust,custom cam,trans cooler,tune by me with hptuners and i already have a yank sstb3600 waiting to be installed.i would like to see some 12.5x passes with those mods.what yall think?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Definitely possible with those mods, if your set on l92 heads then talk to Alvin at pcmforless he has some l92 head & cam setups.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
yall must mean aftermarket l92s for that price.you can find a used take off set for around 5-600 bucks.when i start modding,heres my plan.ls1 e-fans,l92 heads,l76 intake,headers and magnaflow exhaust,custom cam,trans cooler,tune by me with hptuners and i already have a yank sstb3600 waiting to be installed.i would like to see some 12.5x passes with those mods.what yall think?
Hell, you can go 12.50s with the right cam on stock heads.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts