Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, so long story short - swapped manifolds this weekend from a L92 that had a 90 degree hose barb off the top of it that went to the rear of the drivers side valve cover.

The replacement was VERY similar - but I had a bit of work to get the MAP sensor in place (the retaining strap was different) and this intake has a gaping hole that looks like it should have a push-lock (push in and twist) style elbow or something on it.

I really need to know what in the world the part number for whatever the thing is that fills that hole in the new intake so if anyone has any clue - I'd greatly appreciate it!

Rob -

P.S. Yeah, I know I have this same thread posted in the wrong damn section - working on deleting it over there :D

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
Try,
2007 GMC YUKON XL 1500 DENALI 6.2L 6199cc 378cid V8 FI (8) [L92] OHV :
Fuel/Air : Manifold Pressure (MAP) Sensor
ORIGINAL ENGINE MANAGEMENT Part # MS15{#16187556, 16249939, 8161875560, 9359409}

{#09359409, 12614973, 16249939, 213351, 9359409} replaces 9359409
SENSOR,MAP PUSH-IN-INCLS SEAL

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
The same thing as on the stock intake. Its a hose style fitting that runs to the rear of the drive side valve cover. Your 1st picture is correct. its the same on both intakes.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The MAP is fine - I made it fit. The PCV is the problem - so are you suggesting that the one on my L92 should be able to spin counter clockwise (judging from the new intake) and come off the old one and go onto the new one?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
The MAP is fine - I made it fit. The PCV is the problem - so are you suggesting that the one on my L92 should be able to spin counter clockwise (judging from the new intake) and come off the old one and go onto the new one?
I dont remember witch side it came off of one the stock intake. the L92 will goto the driver side. It should just be able to take out and turn around

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The same thing as on the stock intake. Its a hose style fitting that runs to the rear of the drive side valve cover. Your 1st picture is correct. its the same on both intakes.
I don't think what you are getting Devus is that the second picture is a gaping hole. There is no barb. There is no nothing. If there is a part that push-locks into it - THAT is the part I'm looking for. Again, if you are suggesting, that the one off my L92 should spin off and spin onto that one, I'll give it another whirl, but it's been soaked in WD40 and already has plier marks on the perimeter.

Edit: And as expected - when attempting to *remove* the barb (by base) on the L92 in the first picture, all I managed to do was break it. I would be willing to bet it is pressed in on that version and whatever I have now IS a later model with a spin on piece. Fantastic, just cost myself more money to fix the original.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
54 Posts
It's usually a good idea to not try to break sonic welds, they don't usually fail. If I had to guess, it's simply a different style of end on the hose. I just looked at my L92 intake and it has the barb on top and and a push in socket (can't think of the exact name....) type of fitting on the rear. I'm not really sure what one is which but I will find out today hopefully.

FYI, it's "rectangle port", not "square port".

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks 95geo - but coming from a BBC background - anything not "cathedral" port - is always going to be square in my book. I'll be spending my lunch at a dealership parts department till they can figure it out today - keep ya'll posted.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Thanks 95geo - but coming from a BBC background - anything not "cathedral" port - is always going to be square in my book. I'll be spending my lunch at a dealership parts department till they can figure it out today - keep ya'll posted.
We have had to replace one of those on stock intake. We ended up getting one from a junk yard because the dealer wasnt sure what is was or if he could just get a single part for it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL - Gives me something to look forward to. Bleh

We have had to replace one of those on stock intake. We ended up getting one from a junk yard because the dealer wasnt sure what is was or if he could just get a single part for it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just sat at the dealership parts department with them trying to decode every number on my intake manifold for the casting number with no success. None of them had a clue. I am more than amazed at how little those guys could know about their own junk.

Anywhooo - a quick run by a little tuner shop I saw a ZR1 parked in front of a few weeks ago had me a few minutes with a guy that told me it's a super ass common part on almost ANY truck intake - and the L92 was the weird one. He said I could even yank one off the back of a V6 intake as isn’t the same piece that'll connect the intake to the booster.

Junk yard here I come. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
54 Posts
I'll get you a part number for the part you need.

I'm suprized some of the dealership parts counter guys even know how to log in. :dunno:

Pm me your email address.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
54 Posts
No need for the email, I'll just post it here.

2010-2011 escalade, L94
Tube, PCV, dirty air, includes seal. 12597774 list price $8.80

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks 95geo - same part number a guy just came up with on LS1tech - guess I'll order one and see what it looks like since I can't find a damn pic of it anywhere. :)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
54 Posts
There isn't much to it, it's black, plastic, and goes from the top of the intake to the rear of the drivers side rocker cover fitting.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yup, here's your part -

Just had to chop the valve cover end off it (this one had a barb fitting) and re-use the factory TBSS rubber push tube - good to go.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
72 Posts
have the gm part #?
My intake still has not come in yet. Like have my ducks in row before pulling engine apart.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
72 Posts
2010-2011 escalade, L94
Tube, PCV, dirty air, includes seal. 12597774 list price $8.80

from 4 post up
Thanks will look it up monday at work.
I will try removing some of the part that stick into the flow path.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
72 Posts
My intake was in parts first thing this am, and was just like pic above. Order part for pcv. I have not looked at my brake booster connnection ( did not drive mine to work today). Are they the same, or do I need order another part?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts