Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read thru various threads on the KW, but I still have questions. I'm looking to see what settings everyone is using: Whats your height and rebound/comp settings. I am currently using the Kw spec top 9, bottom 5 at 30.75" on both fronts

Also, when i set mine up, I did not have the instructions. i neglected to use the large top washer of the stock set up in between the KW mount and upper stock mount. Should i be adding that in?

Then Ive also read about the height setting and the amount of threads showing on the strut body. One thread Evil mentions that only 1.75" of thread showing for proper height. Should that leave us around 31 from ground to fender lip? Im not looking to be lower than that because i'm AWD. The KW instructions are kinda hard to follow as they say to adjust it anywhere from 40mm (1.5") to 70mm(2.75") from the bolt at the bottom of the strut to the top of the spring perch. From that bolt to the top of the perch is 6.5" which doesnt correspond to the KW instructions. and I also have 2" of thread showing. so if i lower the spring perch im worried about being even lower. I would like to be at 31". what can I do to fix this

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
Current Height:
30-3/8" Front (Thread showing: Driver 1-1/8 & Passenger 1-5/16)
30-3/4" Rear

Here are my current settings as far as compression and rebound (Im 2wd):
Tops are set at 6 clicks / Bottoms are at 9 clicks...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Trail.

As far as the PDF, Ive seen it and thats where my questions have come from. after installing my KWs months ago and coming across it i realize i need to add the large washer in between the two mounts. the other thing is the chart where it gives you the measurements for height adjustments. Measurement A says that from the lower mounting bolt to spring perch, it should be between 1.6 in and 2.8 in. for adjustment. Mine measures to about 6 inches from that bolt to the spring perch and Im at 30.75 already. the real question is where does the 1.2 in of adjustment start and end because its not from the info in that pdf

·
Registered
06 TBSS
173 Posts
Do your coilovers have the adjustment knob on the bottom like in that PDF instruction file? I have to use an allen key to adjust both my settings

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine has the adjustment underneath the shock body and you stick the allen key in there from the bottom. Sometimes annoying but I can find it easily by feel. Bought a longer T handle on amazon to easily adjust the one up top

·
Hater
Duh
9,199 Posts
Thanks for the info Trail.

As far as the PDF, Ive seen it and thats where my questions have come from. after installing my KWs months ago and coming across it i realize i need to add the large washer in between the two mounts. the other thing is the chart where it gives you the measurements for height adjustments. Measurement A says that from the lower mounting bolt to spring perch, it should be between 1.6 in and 2.8 in. for adjustment. Mine measures to about 6 inches from that bolt to the spring perch and Im at 30.75 already. the real question is where does the 1.2 in of adjustment start and end because its not from the info in that pdf

Post a pic of what you’re working with and referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Since original post, I have added the black washer in and adjusted the spring perch to the same point I had it prior and it rides much better. havent been able to adjust compression yet as its been raining every day, but i feel it might benefit from it. Currently i have 2" of thread showing under the spring perch. I had it down to 1.5 on the reinstall and after driving it, it felt off. it is much tighter now and more stable and feels much better in corners. Currently at 31" in the front, whereas before adding the washer with the same amount of spring adjustment i Was at 30.75. If you check the link, youll see that there is an adjustment for the front axle labeled "A" measurment and kit states that the measurement is from lower bolt to top of spring perch. the adjustment is from 1.6" to 2.8". Its impossible get that measurment. i take it more as the amount of thread showing,

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive come to find that you need to take the measurement from the ridge at the bottom of the threads to the bottom of the springs perch. I adjusted mine to 2.25" of threads showing and it rides much better now. much more solid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts