Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you all ever tried the paintless dent removal like Elimidents? I had the family at King's Island a couple of weeks ago and when we came out to leave I thought that something terrible had happened. My wife walked out of view on the passenger's side of the SS and yelled for me. I ran around to her and she was pointing at the rear passenger's side door. My initial instinct was right, something terrible had happened. There was a long white streak and a pretty nasty door ding. When we parked, there was a lifted white Dodge truck parked next to us. If it had still been there, I would have done something that I would regret now.

So I was hoping to get out of having to have the dent filled. It will have to be painted for sure. I thought that I would come the hive first to help me decide whether or not it was a waste of time to even have these folks look at it. Whatcha' think?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Yea yea ALL talk!!! J.k that shit blows! If I found out who keyed my truck. I wouldn't have a bad feeling in my body for what my friends had did to him/her

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,242 Posts
I worked at a car dealer and we had pdr guys come in all the time and I've used them a couple times.it really depends on the guy u use.some are definitely better than others.if it's just a ding pdr will probably work.they usually cost $60 average but probably makes sense to check some different ones.body shops sometimes even use them and then just charge u extra

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
308 Posts
Mine is in the shop right. Getting a ding removed and getting the truck buffed. Let you know how it comes out. Hopefully be getting it back today.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
384 Posts
Exactly what two tons said. That's what I do. We have a family business and we go around to dealerships for used cars and customers. Deffintly search around bc there is alot of sketchy work that some so called Pdr techs do and charge cheap for. So u get what u pay for sometimes. But for the most part if a tech has had plenty of experience and the RIGHT training most dents and creases can be take out and blended really good.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
i have a good friend who does pdr.... and has been doing it since the late 70's...

he does alot of your "survivor", and benchmark type cars...

factory lightweight impalas and catalina's, hemi cudas, chevelles, camaros, all HIGH end muscle car stuff... as well as a bunch of vintage and classic exotic lamorghinins, ferarris, astons, stuff like that...

real nice guy... and can work magic with metal... but even he has stuff he cant do due to location, damage, and the stuff posted above...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.