Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-7X Aero
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

After a long deliberation with myself, I am keeping the Saab.

Income is no longer an issue, and screw California's CARB.

Goes under the knife on Monday for oil tube & baffles, tranny cooler, and Efans.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x Aero & Evo
515 Posts
Replacing my passenger side window regulator/motor tomorrow & I will finally be putting mine up for sale very shortly. Around 89,250 miles. She's due for an oil change, so either this week or next the following will get done...

Oil change, tire rotation, new front & rear sway bar bushings and endlinks & possibly an alignment.

If anyone is interested, message me & I can send over more details & pictures.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
You should start your own for sale thread..... just sayin

Reactions: SSooner

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,550 Posts
Replacing my passenger side window regulator/motor tomorrow & I will finally be putting mine up for sale very shortly. Around 89,250 miles. She's due for an oil change, so either this week or next the following will get done...

Oil change, tire rotation, new front & rear sway bar bushings and endlinks & possibly an alignment.

If anyone is interested, message me & I can send over more details & pictures.
Holy thread-jacking!

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-7X Aero
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, to get this thread back on track.

Just got word from the shop that everything is going in smoothly, they noticed that my front intermediate shaft splines were very worn so while they already have the front end in pieces I ordered up one of justanotherssuv's 300M billet shafts which will be going in as well.

I won't lie, their loaner car is quite nice for a loaner but I really miss my Aero.

Reactions: Frrrrrrunkis

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X Aero
373 Posts
I miss mine too... My '99 Tahoe just got dropped at the shop for some work. I love the size of it, but really miss the grunt and refinement the Saab had. I'll be moving in the next couple years. If I can get into a house with a better driveway setup (or a 3-car garage), I'll be looking to reacquire my Aero.

Reactions: Frrrrrrunkis

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x Aero & Evo
515 Posts
So, to get this thread back on track.

Just got word from the shop that everything is going in smoothly, they noticed that my front intermediate shaft splines were very worn so while they already have the front end in pieces I ordered up one of justanotherssuv's 300M billet shafts which will be going in as well.

I won't lie, their loaner car is quite nice for a loaner but I really miss my Aero.
Damn, how many miles on your truck?

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-7X Aero
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
102k currently.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-7X Aero
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, I have the Saab back from the shop, running quite well.

I would like to point out to everyone that the new front intermediate shaft has almost completely gotten rid of the reverse-to-drive or on-throttle-off-throttle clunk feeling that I was getting in the front end.

GM says to not worry about it because it's "normal" saying that it's the collective tolerances of the AWD system in their notice, if you have it in your vehicle as well it may be caused by the play in the worn splines on your front intermediate shaft.

Long story short, don't trust GM, if you have a clunk it's probably a bad thing.

Also, shout out to Import Performance of Bend, OR. They did all the work since I don't have access to a lift and I will keep going back to them as long as their work continues to be good.

·
Registered
9-7X Aero
623 Posts
glad you got your shit together. LOL
Seriously though, I'm glad you decided to stay with our Rare, little group of Euro/American SuperSportUV

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-7X Aero
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, me too.

I really like my Aero, makes people "WTF?" everywhere and I find that immensely amusing.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x Aero
571 Posts
That's an interesting point about the front intermediate shaft...thanks for pointing that out!

Also glad to hear you are keeping it. It's such a small group here, I hate to see anyone go!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts