Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2006 AWD
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday I installed the Kbees and adjusted the rear bags. Sitting at 31" on all 4 corners. Just waiting for Tony's arms to show up so I can slap them on and get an alignment. I'm really happy with the way she looks. :cheers1:

·
SSlow & high!
TrailblazerSS
2,256 Posts
On Sunday I installed the Kbees and adjusted the rear bags. Sitting at 31" on all 4 corners. Just waiting for Tony's arms to show up so I can slap them on and get an alignment. I'm really happy with the way she looks. :cheers1:

Looks good bro! :coolthumb:

Reactions: La ReiNa

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
113 Posts
What size tire's are you running and do you have a shot from the rear? The truck looks great by the way.

·
Registered
2006 AWD
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What size tire's are you running and do you have a shot from the rear? The truck looks great by the way.
265/295 Yokohama Paradas. No rear shots right now. Thanks!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
113 Posts
It's no trouble. I am just on the fence to go with the 295 vs. 315. I thought with the side wall they were to 295's. Love it though. that is a nice ride height.

·
Registered
2006 AWD
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's no trouble. I am just on the fence to go with the 295 vs. 315. I thought with the side wall they were to 295's. Love it though. that is a nice ride height.
The reason I went with the 295's is because they are the same OD as the front 265s and supposedly with AWD that's the way to go. I love the look though, the rears sit flush with the fenders.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
113 Posts
Yeah being AWD makes a difference. I'm 2wd so I don't have as much to worry about. My biggest deal is the gap between the tire and fender.

·
SSlow & high!
TrailblazerSS
2,256 Posts
Yeah being AWD makes a difference. I'm 2wd so I don't have as much to worry about. My biggest deal is the gap between the tire and fender.
315's will have more gap than 295 due to being a smaller diameter tire.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
508 Posts
Beautiful ride height! Being 31" with taller tires is actually lowered more than 31" with shorter tires. Let us know how the hubs hold up. I'm tempted to go that low whenever I can lower but I dont want to wear things at an excessive rate.

·
Registered
2006 AWD
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I forgot how it rides, she's been on jackstands since December. :biggrin2:

I actually installed the a-arms meanwhile, so I'll need an alignment now. I should have it running this weekend since I have 2 days off. :cheers1:

·
Registered
9-7x Aero
291 Posts
I forgot how it rides, she's been on jackstands since December. :biggrin2:

I actually installed the a-arms meanwhile, so I'll need an alignment now. I should have it running this weekend since I have 2 days off. :cheers1:

And......how does it ride? Getting my 20x10 reps and coilovers this weekend and about to buy tires and do a drop. Would love to hear another perspective.

·
Registered
9-7x Aero
291 Posts
So...

Need advice.

Not happy at all with the ride quality. Tried to give the suspension time to settle. Had everything done at once two months ago.

Super bouncy and rough. Doesn't feel like it absorbs anything and I'm just bouncing over the road imperfections and bumps. It Does corner like it's on rails, though. I have:
20x8 and 20x10 stock/rep 265/50/20 & 295/45/20 toyo prox2

All corners 31.5
Tony's upper A
Energy suspension links 4 in (I think)
Kbees (6clicks from full counterclockwise -softer)

Djm rear sway
Suspension maxx end links
Belltech rear shocks
Airbags adjusted and bump stop cut.

I don't want to get rid of the auto leveling and I love the height, but I'm willing to go up that's what it takes.

What other options do I have to dial the suspension in? Thanks for your input.

David

1 - 20 of 34 Posts