Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Black Trailblazer SS
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2006 AWD TBSS and my wife has been driving it for about 4 months now as I bought a 2010 SRT8 Challenger. She has always had a heavy foot and gets tickets a few times a year. Seems to me every time I'm on the phone with her while she is driving she has to put down the phone and then "VROOOOOM" I hear the truck take off as she's bitching about slow drivers. The other day she calls me from the road and said when she went to pass someone she munched the gas and the engine shut off and lights came on. WTF?! This truck only has 73,000 miles on it but being an 06 and almost 40k miles out of warranty I was nervous.

Sure enough she grenaded the thing. The mechanic said he has not seen an engine blown up so good in a very long time. Two pistons disintegrated, cam bent, crank bent, oil pan shredded like attacked by Wolverine, bottom of block wall bent out, two holes in the block one on each side, metal through the intake, need I say more. The oil pan full of chunks.

Had a GM rep come out and look at the truck. They went through my service records and warranty records along with everything else. I was hoping I could get a donor motor which I heard about before (FREE). Sometimes they do it and you just pay for labor. I would be fine with that.

Few weeks later I get a call saying that they are going to give me a brand new motor, include all the labor and I would only have to pay a $400 deductible! WoooWhoooo! So friggin lucky. Everything was replaced including intake. The only thing that was old were the brackets. Here are some pictures of the carnage. Hope they load.

Now the new stuff!

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Wow. Your wife drove the piss out of it according to your description.

The new motor will make you and her both happy. It may have more HP/TQ....cross your fingers it last.

Its cheaper to ease up on the gas then to replace motors. GL with the speed demon. :boff::biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
U ever change the oil? Lol.. Wow that's crazy!

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Was that a piston broken in half??? Holy shit man!!! Time to get the little lead foot a Corolla before she kills herself.

·
Registered
Black Trailblazer SS
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
U ever change the oil? Lol.. Wow that's crazy!
Religiously. Mobil 1 every 3k miles. She just drives like Mario Andertti.

·
Registered
Black Trailblazer SS
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was that a piston broken in half??? Holy shit man!!! Time to get the little lead foot a Corolla before she kills herself.
Now she wants my car. WTF! lol. No Corolla but thought about putting a stop under the pedal.

·
Premium Member
04 NBSCC Silverado
1,334 Posts
I thought you said it was 40k out of warranty? How did you get it paid for?

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Your lucky they replaced it. If I were you i'd sell it while the engine is new, or, trade it in for something else with a warranty if your wife is that bad with vehicles.

·
Registered
Black Trailblazer SS
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought you said it was 40k out of warranty? How did you get it paid for?
It was. Had a 36k mile warranty from factory and it's an 06. When it blew it had 73k on it. Went to them and told them the issue. I bought this through them and a Denali through them. They do all my warranty work on both vehicles and I have used them 4x's for vehicle damage (body shop). They said it's all up to the regional rep but they would ask since I'm a great customer. They pleaded my case and to keep me buying with them they covered everything but $400 deductible. I still owe $12k on truck but now it's new so I will keep it and pay it off this year. The total job cost with labor was $9432.76.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Glad you had it covered. You have a good dealer and I would stick with them.

·
Premium Member
04 NBSCC Silverado
1,334 Posts
Thats awesome! No way my dealership would do that

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
I would get a 'De-tune' on the ECM / PCM just so she can't do that again...

Back the timing down to 9 degrees at WOT :rofl:

·
Registered
Black Trailblazer SS
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Was it tuned for the CAI?
Nope. I had used the Diablo Sports tuner at one point but I think it's a waste of $400. Didn't notice anything so it was all just stock.

·
Premium Member
08 9-7x Aero
1,160 Posts
Holy fawk! That's some serious damage. I'm with the previous poster. Trade it in and get her something a little more tame.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts