Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the K&N drop in filter offer any REAL WORLD gains over the stock paper filter? Will be having a tune as well. Keeping the engine bay looking stock for now.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Real world meaning not a label on the box that says "increased horsepower, etc". Is it worth the $60 over stock filter?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Real world meaning not a label on the box that says "increased horsepower, etc". Is it worth the $60 over stock filter?
That is subjective. If you put it on the dyno there will be a small gain. Will you feel the difference driving around.....not likely.

If you do not plan to replace the entire intake then I would personally install a K&N if it was my truck. It is $50 at Amazon.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks. I was just wondering if it was worth it or not.

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,608 Posts
Don't forget the K&N is reusable so it may be cost effective after a lot of miles. Less if you drive through a lot of crap like blowing sand.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I dropped the filter in. When I had the stock paper filter it never showed KR on my DashHawk, now I'm getting up to 4*KR. Is it from extra air flow? Time for a tune?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
I stick to paper...or a dry flow/non oiled filter. I guess I'm too lazy to worry about cleaning my MAF. Not worth the $45-$75 IMHO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts