Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought mine before I knew TBSSOwners existed, heard terrible things and didn't like how mine was set up and dremeled 90% of the front off for more air. I won't be idling at a track anytime soon and it's still shielded, just wondering your opinions.

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSSAWD
520 Posts
Another option people have done is to reuse the stock airbox instead of the box K & N provides because it seals off more under hood air. It is a tight fit, but several have made it work.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
I almost bought a k&n intake than found a Fender well intake. K&n intake isn't horrible. Any thing is better then stock!! Have you done the headlight mod? Where you drimmel the plastic that restricts the air flow

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,291 Posts
Another option people have done is to reuse the stock airbox instead of the box K & N provides because it seals off more under hood air. It is a tight fit, but several have made it work.
That is what I did on mine....it works for now. I have no complaints about it. If you have it reuse the air box if not then I would get a fender well intake personally.

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have done the headlight mod and the stock airbox bugs me, haha. Besides, it's in storage now should I ever sell. I'll have to clean it more often now that you can see the filter from outside the car, but oh well.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
The K&N intake slowed my tbss down!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts