Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys i have a alpine deck and just want to replace the front speakers and ones on the dash.

Anyone have speakers they would recommened remember im not buying a amp just using the stock deck to power them and I would replace the dash/front doors and rear doors.

now can i just bypass the factory amp in rear ie cut the wires and connect them str8 together i dont use the factory amp to power the speakers but the alpine head unit.

UPDATE 1/10/2011
bought kicker ks6.5 and rear ks 5.25 component set up and will install first and see how it sounds before moving onto a amp.

·
Registered
07 AWD TrailblazerSS
191 Posts
if and when you do replace these speackers.....Tony pics of the process please!!!! I am thinking of doing it too, but if you are doing before me...pics would be awesome!

·
Registered
391 Posts
X2 Focal FTW!

·
Herr Bleifuss
Trailblazer SS
180 Posts
Guys i have a alpine deck and just want to replace the front speakers and ones on the dash.

Anyone have speakers they would recommened remember im not buying a amp just using the stock deck to power them and I would replace the dash/front doors and rear doors.

now can i just bypass the factory amp in rear ie cut the wires and connect them str8 together i dont use the factory amp to power the speakers but the alpine head unit.
just using the head unit for power, I would suggest using speakers Kenwood 1362s in both the front and rear doors. You really dont need to replace the dash speakers if you dont plan to power them, they will suffice fine (my opinion only). I only picked the kenwoods because they are decent three way speakers and if you decide to add an amp, you could power all four and still have reasonably good sound.

you CAN bypass the amp in the rear. it is tedious but completely possible. you will just have to take the HU outputs and wire them directly to the amp outputs. keep in mind that the dash speakers outputs will have to be wired in the to front speakers outputs as well (did I explain that right?-let me know)

·
Registered
07 AWD TrailblazerSS
191 Posts
really...ripping out everything to get under there...I haven't tried it, but...I am visual guy....and what is your opinion on speakers if you had to choose?

·
Banned
TrailblazerSS
447 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just using the head unit for power, I would suggest using speakers Kenwood 1362s in both the front and rear doors. You really dont need to replace the dash speakers if you dont plan to power them, they will suffice fine (my opinion only). I only picked the kenwoods because they are decent three way speakers and if you decide to add an amp, you could power all four and still have reasonably good sound.

you CAN bypass the amp in the rear. it is tedious but completely possible. you will just have to take the HU outputs and wire them directly to the amp outputs. keep in mind that the dash speakers outputs will have to be wired in the to front speakers outputs as well (did I explain that right?-let me know)

correct me if im wrong. The deck is wired into the wires that go to the amp in the back of the truck and from that amp they go out to the speakers in the doors.

Couldnt i just cut the wires that come from the deck that go into the amp and then cut the wires that go out from the amp to the door speakers and it would fully bypass the amp?? So all cutting and splicing would be done at the amp input/output for the speakers?

·
Registered
07 AWD TrailblazerSS
191 Posts
Are you guys happy with the Alpine HU...I heard nothing but bad things about this unit and aplines customer service....correct if I am wrong, but that is what I heard!

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Tony you are correct. You can wire them up at the amp. And if you ever add an amp for doors u can run from amp to Bose amp outpus and not have to run new wires to doors.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tony you are correct. You can wire them up at the amp. And if you ever add an amp for doors u can run from amp to Bose amp outpus and not have to run new wires to doors.
so to make sure all i need to do is
1) find the colors of the front dash speakers/front door speakers/rear door speakers that go into the rear amp
2) where they go into the amp cut them
3) then cut the speaker wires that go from the amp to the actual door speakers
4) splice the wires i just cut together

and i should be set to go correct? door chimes should still work?

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Not positive about the chimes but you have the idea down pat. Google trailblazer Bose wiring schematic and it will give you input and output colors for the Bose amp. No need to check AT door speakers

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yaf if i can do it all at the bose amp thats perfect.

ok now for speakers the deck doesnt put that many amps out so i dont need a crazy speaker set up just need
ones that fit dash
6.5 in front doors
5.25 in rear doors

·
Herr Bleifuss
Trailblazer SS
180 Posts
your right, you can splice the OUTPUT wires from the OEM HU at the bose amp to the OUTPUT at the amp. The only "extra" wires you need to be concerned with are the dash speakers. They will have to be spliced into the front speaker wires as well. This will bypass the amp completely reating the factory wires.

I did not use an adaptor so when I installed my HU I do not have factory chimes anymore nor does my radio turn of when the door is opened. you will have to make a determination what works for you.

I personally think a 100 dollar adaptor is ridiculous, especially for chimes and Onstar both features I could care less about.

·
Registered
07 AWD TrailblazerSS
191 Posts
does the chime have anything to do with the lights chime when you leave them on???? I would rather not spend the extra 100 either!!!!

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
your right, you can splice the OUTPUT wires from the OEM HU at the bose amp to the OUTPUT at the amp. The only "extra" wires you need to be concerned with are the dash speakers. They will have to be spliced into the front speaker wires as well. This will bypass the amp completely reating the factory wires.

I did not use an adaptor so when I installed my HU I do not have factory chimes anymore nor does my radio turn of when the door is opened. you will have to make a determination what works for you.

I personally think a 100 dollar adaptor is ridiculous, especially for chimes and Onstar both features I could care less about.
I have the chimes allready now so I have that unit. Now can i just wire the front dash speakers and front door speakers together and hook them up to the deck? then rear speakers id just wire like normal.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts