Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
07 TBSS
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 AWD while driving accelerating to WOT no downshift what so ever. Putting in 1-2 and won’t move moves ok not great in drive is drivable in D but reverse is there sometimes and sometimes none existed. Any help thanks but I think I already know !

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,552 Posts
Sounds like multiple problems. Closest is broken sunshell, but you don't have 1st. Needs a rebuild.

8. 1st and 3rd only, no 2,4 or R; sunshell is fractured or splines are sheared off. R&R. Try not to run or drive the car or further damage could result.

·
Registered
07 TBSS
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not going to rebuild it just going to get a new one and throw it in F it

·
Registered
07 TBSS
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I guess I know what i need to do now

Sounds like multiple problems. Closest is broken sunshell, but you don't have 1st. Needs a rebuild.

8. 1st and 3rd only, no 2,4 or R; sunshell is fractured or splines are sheared off. R&R. Try not to run or drive the car or further damage could result.

·
Registered
07 TBSS
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been looking around people quoting all around 4K total with a new 4l70 from jasper....

·
Registered
06' Red Jewel 3SS,
348 Posts
Check out RPM Transmissions, they do great for us.
I’d seriously consider letting someone like rpm rebuild your 4L70 to better than stock. That 4L70 from jasper isn’t going to be any better than what just broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
07 TBSS
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On another note do I need to replace the trans cooler when I replace the trans ?

·
Registered
06' Red Jewel 3SS,
348 Posts
If your stock your trans is cooled through your radiator. Adding an external additional trans cooler is a good way to keep it healthy.

·
Registered
07 TBSS
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If your stock your trans is cooled through your radiator. Adding an external additional trans cooler is a good way to keep it healthy.

I already have a front mount one I’m asking if I should replace that because the trans is blown up

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,552 Posts
I already have a front mount one I’m asking if I should replace that because the trans is blown up
It depends. When they open the trans if it has lots of little bits from the carnage it might be easier to replace vs, cleaning everything out of the trans cooler. If the fluid is clean and there aren't many little pieces you could just go with a thorouh flush of the cooler. Note: if there's a lot of carnage you will probably need to replace the converter also.

Reactions: KJWhit

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sounds like a good time for a swap for 6 speed!
Exactly what I did after breaking 3 4l70es, I love it and would never go back. I dont track my car so on the street and hwy. Its what should have been in there in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts