Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Trailblazer SS
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just purchased a 2008 Granite Black Trailblazer SS! So far, this truck rides great! Unfortunately, on start up it appears that I have a squeeky belt or tensioner on cold start ups. After about 10 minutes this problem goes away. It's very annoying every morning. I just bought this thing and already I have to take it to the dealership. It doesn't seem like anything major, but I wanted to know if anyone has any guidance on this issue? The truck only has 29,000 miles on it. I can't believe the belt is already worn out? After research I have seen some talks about a pulley alignment issue? Is this true? Please let me know if anyone else is having this issue. I love this truck, but it's very disapointing when you hear the squeeky belt noise every morning.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
I bought an 06 back in December and I had to replace the belt less than a month later. No problems since.
I changed out my clutch fan to Efans so changing the belts will be a breeze now.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
did you buy the truck from a dealer that hosed the engine bay down with tire shine?...

is the belt worn and ready for replacement?

is it the ac belt, or the main accessory belt?

i would start with removing the belt and cleaning the pullies, and belt with hot water only... no soap...

with the main belt off, start the truck for a minute, leave the ac belt on, if the squeaking is still there... you have narrowed it down to the ac belt, or something else in the engine itself.

take the ac belt off. clean it, re install

then see if your problem persists, if it does, and its under warranty still take it in to the dealer and let them figure it out.

if its not under warranty... let me know, i can get you the parts for cheap to repair it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2008 Trailblazer SS
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did you buy the truck from a dealer that hosed the engine bay down with tire shine?...

is the belt worn and ready for replacement?

is it the ac belt, or the main accessory belt?

i would start with removing the belt and cleaning the pullies, and belt with hot water only... no soap...

with the main belt off, start the truck for a minute, leave the ac belt on, if the squeaking is still there... you have narrowed it down to the ac belt, or something else in the engine itself.

take the ac belt off. clean it, re install

then see if your problem persists, if it does, and its under warranty still take it in to the dealer and let them figure it out.

if its not under warranty... let me know, i can get you the parts for cheap to repair it.

I guess I never thought about the tire shine theory, but this could be the root of the problem! I will check the truck out after I get off work and see if i can clean up the belt and pulleys.

Thanks for the advice! The truck is great and I love daily driving it, but the noise is sooo annoying for the first 10 minutes. I can't have that!

Tom

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
155 Posts
If the problem persists, the warranty is still good...the dealer will replace tensioner and belts for free. I had a tensioner that squeaked when it was a damp day, and the dealer replaced it with out a problem.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Yeah congrats man from SC.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
My grandma had a VERY squeaky belt noise all the time, with her 03 escalade. i took it in and they re aligned the power steering pulley. No noise since. Hers is a 6.0 btw.

·
Registered
AWD 3SS
34 Posts
Another quick way to check if the belt/pullies are contaminated/dirty is by applying Bonami (basically a generic version of Comet powder cleaner) to the belt and pullies with the vehicle off. Start it up and the noise is usually gone unless you have a poor pulley alignment issue. If it comes back later then I would suggest replacing the belt. Just a quick tip that takes barely anytime at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts