Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3977 Posts

·
making friends daily
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last October or so the flexplate cracked in my SS so I parked it until I could gather enough parts to get started on replacing the flexplate and making some improvements / changes here and there. I started on it a few weeks ago but progress has been slow due to my work schedule. Figured I'd start a build thread so hopefully it'll motivate me to finish this sooner than later as some of this stuff makes me want to keep putting it off lol. Its just a standard cam only build but while everything is apart, I wait on parts and time to work on it; I figured I would start to plan (again) for the future. One of these days I would love to twin turbo this thing. Hopefully it gets finished within 2 more months.

Here's what I'm starting with.

I'll update with more pics later today. Gotta work for a bit now lol:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
4,849 Posts
:popcorn3:

·
making friends daily
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
making friends daily
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
making friends daily
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pulled the carrier housing off to find surprise 1 and 2 lol :doh:

·
making friends daily
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Surprise #3. When I pulled the oil pan off, I found this in the pan... Anybody know where it came from?

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
those are some pleasant suprises lol. Guessing it's not just a cam only set up anymore?

·
making friends daily
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
My guess is that it came from here.. Surprise #4 lol

Oil pump off

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Shit design on that tensioner. Mine was broken and so was the one on my moms vette.

·
trailer park living.
16,328 Posts
I don't remember mine having one

sent from your mom's house. see you at dinner

·
making friends daily
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
those are some pleasant suprises lol. Guessing it's not just a cam only set up anymore?
Pleasant to say the least lol. Thankfully still staying a stock bottom end :cheers1:

1 - 20 of 3977 Posts
About this Discussion
4K Replies
141 Participants
Spivitz
Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum
A forum for all things Trailblazer SS including mileage, horsepower, transmissions, interior mods, tires and more!
Full Forum Listing