Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 488 Posts

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've been working on this swap behind the scenes for a few months now. Back in July, I was able to test and verify electronic functionality for this swap on my own truck. I now know for a fact that I can make everything work. I didn't want there to be a long time between the time I made this announcement and when I actually started tearing down the truck and working on it. So I decided to keep quiet about it until I rounded up everything I needed to start. I currently have everything I need for this swap in my possession except for a few small things. The clutch master cylinder/pedals are pretty much done and ready to be bolted in except for a couple of small details that still need attention. The engine harness is already modified and ready to be installed. I basically have everything done that I can without disabling the truck.

I am currently on vacation until Monday the 5th. I have to do the family/Christmas thing Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, and then on Saturday, if nothing unexpected comes up, she goes under the knife. The goal for this weekend is to get the trans mount and shifter fabrication done. If we are able to get that done this weekend, I should be able to get the vast majority of this swap done by the end of next week. The goal is that the truck will move under its own power by the end of next week, and if it can't, its only because I'm waiting on a driveshaft.

I'm not going to use this thread as a how-to. This thread will be used to cover the progress of the swap. Once the swap is done, I will write a detailed how-to and answer all questions there. I will say now that I won't be using any SSR parts. I decided that I wanted to use readily available parts, so that if I needed to replace something, I could without spending two years searching for a part, and anyone else wanting to do this swap could easily get the parts.

Hopefully I should have some updates for you guys at some point Saturday night so stay tuned.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
I'm so glad you finally let the cat out of the bag!! I've been dying to see this thread pop up. You guys are in for a treat!

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah its been tough not saying anything. Especially when the other thread got bumped the other day lol

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
Yeah its been tough not saying anything. Especially when the other thread got bumped the other day lol
I cant wait for you to start posting the process. You definitely blew my mind on a couple things lol. Probably blew your mind too :biggrin2:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
452 Posts
I been waiting to see this since you helped me out this past summer over the phone with my electrical problems. Congrats dude it has been hard to not say anything...

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Congrats again. If not for you sharing it on FB I may have overlooked this.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Another Brandon let the cat out of the bag then...

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I know who that might be lol

Reactions: LS2SSmurf

·
Midgets with hammers
'06 TBSS AWD
15,999 Posts
Nice work! Been waiting on this thread as well.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
Reactions: 907TBSS

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
Btw, your thread title is very fitting for this project /jerk

·
Premium Member