Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the DRL Killer from Mike and ordered the DRL -Auto NO Quad but now wanna switch to Quad NO Auto.

Basically the DRL's are off but because my garage is so dark in the morning the lights are still coming on because the sensor thinks it's night. I just put HID's in and don't wanna kill them because the come on and I have to turn them off quickly.

So do I have to order a new DRL Killer or just switch a few wires? I should probably just contact Mike huh.:dunno:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
360 Posts
The DRL killer you got retained the auto function so it's ok for them to come on when it's dark since they are not DRL power but are at full power. I don't know how else to word that so I hope it made sense.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,317 Posts
I thought the lights are supposed to come on after you shift out of park?

·
Registered
05 Colorado
300 Posts
I thought the lights are supposed to come on after you shift out of park?
They do...But if its daylight the sensor see's the light/sunshine and the lights turn off completly.....We fried my 1st relay, the lights would come on once shifted out of park, but they would never go off!! We found that we didn't follow the instructions correctly and forgot to cut that pink/white wire.........But now it works perfectly!!

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
I purchased the DRL Killer from Mike and ordered the DRL -Auto NO Quad but now wanna switch to Quad NO Auto.

Basically the DRL's are off but because my garage is so dark in the morning the lights are still coming on because the sensor thinks it's night. I just put HID's in and don't wanna kill them because the come on and I have to turn them off quickly.

So do I have to order a new DRL Killer or just switch a few wires? I should probably just contact Mike huh.:dunno:
The two base versions are identical physically---just HOOKED UP different.

If you uninstall the auto NO quad, just reinstall it using the quad NO auto instructions.

Or print both and compare the two.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The two base versions are identical physically---just HOOKED UP different.

If you uninstall the auto NO quad, just reinstall it using the quad NO auto instructions.

Or print both and compare the two.
Yup, that's exactly what I did. Thanks Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts