Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's hard to think outside the box, when all you think about is box...

My build in progress. Going to be just barely over 1.25 Cu. Ft. to hold a 12w1v2. Already have the 250.1 wired into the trap door. I have the face on it now, just working on getting it sealed up. I'll take a few more pics tonight with better lighting.

Anyone know where I can get some good carpet that matches? Got a few samples of vinyl today but not sure which route I want to go.

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
That's a little more creative than the normal Q logic boxes I always see.. very nice.:coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Why not make it for the other side? There is nothing to block on that side.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm using the cubby hole for additional volume, and the driver side has the fuel filler neck that protrudes into the cabin, which would further reduce the volume. I would have to make it stick out further. As it is now, I am only 7" wide.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
very nice job

:coolthumb:

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
Anyone know where I can get some good carpet that matches? Got a few samples of vinyl today but not sure which route I want to go.
I visited a few local upholstery stores and took the lid from the cubby hole in with me.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I visited a few local upholstery stores and took the lid from the cubby hole in with me.
For vinyl or carpet? I found a vinyl at JoAnn's Fabric that is a pretty close match. Just don't know if I want to do that or carpet... I'm worried the vinyl won't be as durable if I'm hauling stuff back there or taking the box in/out.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
i wasnt able to find a match of the carpet when i did my box.

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
I did carpet. Check the yellow pages for a fabric or upholstery store besides the big name ones, they usually have a specific "automotive" section.

While it may not look like it in the pic, it matches great. Our carpet is different shades at different angles.

Look at the back of the seats compared to the floor...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Box is all finished up, sub installed. Sounds pretty damn good so far. Need to do some tuning and get everything all balanced out, and get the upholstery done.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rhino line it!
Looks dam good bud. You not going to vent that thing?
No, its a sealed enclosure. If I ported it, would have had to been 1.75 cu. ft.

In all reality, if I had to do it again, I would have gotten a 10w1 that only required .625 cu. ft. sealed, and would have made it narrower and maybe a little shorter. The 12w1 is capable of way more than I will probably push it. But maybe I will get components in the future.

·
Premium Member
04 NBSCC Silverado
1,334 Posts
I tried to wrap my stealthbox in vinyl and I butchered it! That is some top notch work! Love to see stuff done right like that!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks.

I picked up some carpet from a local auto trim guy. Its not 100% perfect match, but I'll give it a go. If I don't like it, it was only like 20 bucks.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got the carpet all done over the weekend. Its not an exact match but its close enough. The carpet on the seats and the floor is almost 2 different colors anyways. I think it came out pretty good for being my first time doing carpet and trying to make the seams match up. Got a bar grill on the way for a little protection.

Crappy cell phone vid, might as well watch it on mute:

·
Premium Member
04 NBSCC Silverado
1,334 Posts
Looks good! I can't figure out how to carpet this fiberglass stealthbox! Local shop wants $120 to carpet it! WTF!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts